Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July!

I started off pulling up pinterest and looking up blogging ideas, because, folks that is what it appears my blogging has come to.  Then I just decided I'd start on the most recent event, July 4th weekend. I'm not saying I won't have to go back to those lists, because I might. But for now, this is where I'll start. My hope is to one day get to the point where I just ramble about our day every day. More like a journal. Because like Trace Adkins says, "you're gonna miss this."

I love long weekends. I know most people do. But, I love them because that means that daddy is home. And I've kind of come to the terms that daddy is pretty much "ALL THAT" right now. I've had my time in the "ALL THAT" spotlight, but Daddy is pretty much stealing the show right now. More on that in a bit! 

Friday started off with Matt heading to a local men's shelter and grilling some burgers for them while the boys and I stayed at home and got the house cleaned up. We don't make pancakes a whole lot around here, so I try to make them every holiday and make them theme related.


Connor thinks it's the best thing in the world. Cade is just always frustrated I make him wait to eat until I take a picture :).

showing me the damage from the cake pop he had at lunch. He might be the messiest eater EVER.

As soon as Daddy got home, we packed everything up and headed to the pool. It was surprisingly not crowded, so the boys had a great time.




It was honestly a little too chilly to fully swim as their lips were turning blue if they were in too long. We took advantage of the breaks and warmed up each time.








After a few hours there, we headed back home to let the boys rest before we headed out to watch fireworks. 




Cade wanted to sit in Connor's lap almost the entire time. Never would sit with me! Connor ate.it.up!







They loved the fireworks show! 

Saturday was spent relaxing at one of our friends parent's pool. It's a shame Connor has it so tough ;)


Sunday we were at our church for the first time in what felt like weeks! Connor was excited to be back, which makes my heart happy.

Connor looked at this picture and said, "Oh, man.  I need this one for my room." And I melted!


Matt and I got some much needed yard work done while the boys napped.. Is it weird that I love doing stuff like that with him?  I just love doing life with him, really. And what's more real life than pulling weeds?! As soon as the boys woke up, he got in their pool with them while I laid in the hammock and read a book. GLOR-I-OUS. 



And this is where the "ALL THAT" status comes in. He is just so much fun with them. Whether it be playing ninja turtles or going down this tiny slide with them, he just makes it fun. And when I really start to think about it, that is what I loved about him from day 1. He made the mundane things fun for me and now I am seeing him do the same for our kids. I can honestly say that when I married him I wasn't dreaming of what he would be like as a daddy. I obviously wasn't worried about him not being a good one, but I wasn't thinking that far ahead just yet. If I had only known then just how much more I would fall in love with him while watching him with our boys...well... I don't know if I could have even handled it! 

We had a wonderful 3 day weekend and I am already looking forward to the next one!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...