Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Back to school!

We are now in our second week of school! This is Connor's third year and he LOVES it. This is my 2nd full year to teach, which I also love. Cade was in the nursery last year, but it is an actual classroom this year. 

All summer when we would drive by school Connor would ask, "Mommy? Why are you not going to be my teacher? I am going to missed you!" I wasn't too worried about it, though, because I knew once we got started he would be having too much fun to worry about it. 

The day before school started we all had to be there for "Meet the Teacher".  If you look closely in the picture, Ring Bear had to make an appearance with him. He refused to believe me when I told him we weren't taking a nap there and insisted on bringing him. 


I was determined that I was going to be early for the first day. I had everything lined up and as ready as I could get it. I was so nervous the night before about taking their "first day" pics and it turned out to be the easiest pictures I have ever taken of them. Cade just loves to have his picture made and Connor was just so excited! 



Despite that fake smile, that is! 







Connor was so excited to put his back pack on. 



Cade, on the other hand, was not a fan. This kid has to be one of the most expressive babies I know. 


Love it!!


So far school has been great! I have had to talk to Connor about actually doing his work and not just scribbling all over the paper (in fact, when I asked him what he did yesterday after school, he said "I didn't scribble, Mommy!") I know a lot of that is my fault for not doing any sort of work over the summer! He just needs to get back into the routine of it and I'm sure he'll be fine. 

One of the aides said that on the first day a couple of kids in Cade's class were crying and he was just sitting there in his seat looking around like "give me my food already".  I didn't expect anything else from mr. go with the flow. That and he doesn't realize he is still a baby!


And, of course, I couldn't go without adding some comparison shots. My goodness, a year makes a HUGE difference! 



Love those two so much! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...