Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend fun!

We had a great weekend! Friday was just spent relaxing and getting the house cleaned before the weekend. I love not having to clean on the weekends! Cade has started standing up all the time now. Although his favorite game is to stand up and then willingly free fall into anything nearby. He is such a little dare devil!

Friday afternoon I dropped the boys off at BeBe's and D-daddy's. Matt and I went out to Edley's BBQ with Brent and Rachel. Rowen was also at BeBe and D-Daddy's too, so the parents went out while the grandparents kept all of our kids. Three at 3 and under. Those are some brave grandparents!! We had a great time hanging out with Brent and Rachel and were the last ones to leave (leaving with containers of their delicious mac and cheese. I'm going to start hanging out late at restaurants more often!) 




Saturday morning Matt woke up early to go play golf (as in 5:15 early. Those boys are CRAZY!) and I slept in until 8, which is late for me! I took a quick run before picking the boys up and it felt awesome! Miles 1-2 were awesome, 2.5-3.5 were kind of hard, but mile 4-5 was awesome. I'm actually super excited to start adding those miles on. Everyone has told me that something just clicks around mile 5 to 6 and if that last mile was any indication, I totally believe them! 


 We were having some friends over to hang out and while I was getting some last minute things ready, I looked out and saw this. Connor's day was made!!!


As soon as everyone got here we just hung out outside, ate and relaxed. My kind of night! 




Aren't these boys precious?! Sweet little friends!!!



Once the sun went down we made Smores.. one of my ultimate weaknesses! The boys loved the graham crackers the most. Cade was hilarious all laid back eating that cracker! 



This is the kind of scene that makes me happy! 


 We had such a fun time and I can't wait to do it again! 

Sundays are always pretty rough on Cade, but apparently they are rough on Cade and Daddy! I wondered why it was taking so long for Matt to get him to sleep until I went back there and saw this. Melt my heart! 

The boys both took really good naps and I literally laid around and did nothing. Once Cade woke up, he just played in his diaper. Nothing I love more than an *almost* naked baby! I mean, look at that belly!!

He took about 4 steps one time last night. After that, it was 2 steps and a leap. I don't think it will be long before he is walking. He is just waiting until he is 100% stable, just like he did with crawling. I just laugh thinking about all the trouble he is going to get into once he does start walking. I better enjoy the little less destructive version while I can ;)!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...