Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Tour 2012: Arkansas

The weekend before Christmas Day, we headed to Arkansas to spend time with my side of the family. We started off with my mom and I took the one picture you see below. Needless to say, I was in the moment and didn't even stop to capture anything! We had a good couple of days with her just relaxing and enjoying each other. While we were there, Cade gave me the best Christmas present ever.. he said mama!! He did it a couple of times as I was going in and out taking stuff to the trashcan. Every time I would open the door, he would say it! He doesn't much like for me to be out of his sight and he was letting me know! 

Next up was with my dad and his wife. I did get a couple of pictures with my iPod, but as you can see, the quality is terrible. We mainly hung out at the house, but one night we drove around and looked at Christmas lights. I'd say the majority of the houses in their neighborhood had lights up, so I thought Connor would enjoy it!

1. FOOTBALL OBSESSED! Daddy drawing up plays on Connor's new table top easel.
2. Cade was so funny with the presents. He loved all of the books and was right in there helping Connor look through them.
3. Papaw and his 2 boys :)
4. Connor's could be part Ferguson if he didn't eat fried deer meat! It was his first time to try it and he liked it! He kept saying, "Mommy, Papaw killed this deer?" It was my first time to have it in a couple of years and it hit the spot!
5. MiMi rocking Cade. She got a lot of this in this time! He napped there more than once!

Matt was able to take off work on Thursday and Friday, which gave us a couple of extra days. It was nice to have enough time to see everyone and not feel like we had to turn around as soon as we got there. We woke up early on Christmas Eve to come home, getting home around 3 so that we could have Christmas Day at our house. Growing up that was always our rule.. Christmas Day is at home! So, that is what Matt and I decided on, too!

Up next.. Santa came!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...