Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hot commodity

Con man is leaving me us this afternoon to go stay at his Gammie's house for the night. Brother is a hot commodity these days! Cade would be, too, but that is the joy of nursing. He has to stick close to mommy for most of the day ;)


Last night around midnight Connor woke up crying for me. I went in there since he was sitting up and as soon as I walked in the door he practically jumped out of his crib and wrapped his arms and legs around me saying, "let's go sleep in daddy and mommy's bed." That is the first time he has ever asked that, so I was shocked. I asked him if he had a bad dream, and he said yes, although I'm not convinced it wasn't just because I had asked. After he calmed down he wanted to get back in his bed and sing some songs. (Rocky Top. Doesn't that just sound like a good song to put you to sleep?!) he went back to sleep after that without a peep, but whew, that was heart wrenching!

Needless to say he wasn't needing me as much this afternoon. As soon as he woke up from his nap, he told Gammie that he was ready to go to her house. "Just me", he said. I told Matt that we have officially gotten the boot :)

After I drop Matt off at work tomorrow morning, Cade and I will be headed to Pam's, too. We (minus Cade) are going to Disney on Ice Saturday and Connor is pumped! Heck, I am pumped!!! He has been into playing with all of his Toy Story characters lately, so he is just going to die! In fact, one of his favorite things is to put them all in our dirty clothes basket and get in there with them and play. I had to video it, of course :)

p.s. boololly=booty, hiney, bottom. whatever you want to call it. he learned it at MDO :)

He already knows we are going and has watched the video clip on Disney's website about a million times, so if we can just make it to Saturday! And possibly teach him the concept of counting down days, then we are set!

I'm off to run some errands. Its funny how the small task of going to the bank is going to be different. I'll go through the regular line instead of the one that has the tube. How boring!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...