Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This girl is on FIRE

I am sitting here sipping coffee, watching Kelly and Michael (ps: when did Michael become a co host? I know NOTHING when it comes to pop culture. But I know Super Why's theme song. Don't you worry) and blogging. We had plans to go to the zoo with BeBe, Aunt April, Aunt Rachel and Rowen today, but since Cade had a little fever yesterday we sent Connor on and Cade and I stayed here. I kind of forgot what it was like to have a morning break. Cade is supposed to be napping right now, but of course he is not. (I just went to rock him and every time I even thought about getting up, he would clench onto me tighter. He is asleep now, but we'll see how long that lasts.) 

There are about a million and one things I could go ahead and get done with big brother gone, but I decided to enter my little space on the web and brag on myself a bit. I am on week 7 day 3 of couch to 5K, which means I have 4 days of running left before I hit the 5K status. My last two runs were 20 minute runs and the first one left me feeling a little like death. The last one, which I did last night, was so much better, but my shins were hurting so bad I had a hard time walking back to the car. They are better today, so I think I probably just needed one more day of rest in between. It's a little frustrating that I got sick a couple of weeks ago, because the last run I did before I was out for 12 days was awesome. Totally on a runners high afterwards, and I haven't felt that way about it since then. Am I glad I am still doing it? Yes. Do I think I can feel that way again? Yes.

I am pretty proud of myself for sticking to this. I have never in my life followed through with any type of workout program before, so this is huge for me! I guess it probably helps that I am already signed up for the Color Run in October. I have been seeing a lot of pictures floating around from this race and I CANNOT wait!!!

I think the biggest motivator to me is my boys. I want to be able to feel like I can run around with them and keep up! I want to be able to play chase, football, baseball, soccer. You name it! Oh, who am I kidding? I just want to be a cool "fit" mom :)

One of my biggest excuses before was that I didn't have time. I didn't want it to take away from my family time. I think I used that because it is an excuse that no one is really going to try to talk you out of! But, Matt has been awesome in letting me go when he gets home from work or after we get done eating. Hopefully, he enjoys the time with the boys by himself and I get a little "me" time. Win-Win!

I was kind of hoping that by the time the race came around (3 weeks from this past Sunday) that I'd be running the 3.1 miles comfortably. I'm not so sure that is going to happen, but I'm not giving up on it either. Most of the time, each run gets easier than the one before and I'm hoping I'll look back at this post in 3 weeks and laugh because 20 minutes will be a breeze. No harm in being positive, right???

P.S. The title of this post is a new song (at least new to me..ha!) by Alicia Keys. LOOOOOOVE it! Great running song and it is HI-LARIOUS to hear Connor saying "This girl is on fire".  Matt thinks I am cuckoo, and shoot. I might be ;)

1 comment:

Monica Vesely said...

Ok. You have totally motivated me. I started the couch to 5K 4 weeks before we went on vacation...in September...and was doing awesome. We went on vacation..and..well...I'm still on vacation. Back to it tomorrow! I am so impressed that you have stuck with it! The color run will be awesome! Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...