Thursday, September 27, 2012

First bath together!

I have a little secret. Or maybe it's not a secret, but I thought it was! When we decided to start trying for baby #2, I already had dreams of it being another boy. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that opposite sex siblings are bad... I have two and can't imagine not having my brothers in my life! But I also see Matt's relationship with his brothers and I wanted that for Connor, too. So, as soon as the ultrasound tech put that wand on my belly and we figured out it was a boy, the dreams began. 

Since that day so many of those dreams have come true. One of those was taking baths together.  




I know it will only get better when Cade is able to sit up on his own, but it is still sweet to see them interacting as much as they can now.


It's like they know. They know that they have a special bond. From the moment we pulled up to the house from the hospital, Connor has taken on his big brother role like he had been doing it his whole life.  If he spits "out", he runs to grab a burp cloth to clean it up. If he is fussy, he will run to find him a toy. He is the first person he asks for when he wakes up and gives him more kisses than Matt and I combined. 


And Cade? Well, he is definitely the adoring little brother. If you want to see Cade smile, have Connor talk to him. If you want to hear Cade laugh, have Connor kiss him on his belly. If Connor is anywhere in sight, Cade wants to be doing what he is doing. 


I am so happy that they have each other and my prayer is that they will always be best friends! Of course, I couldn't have a "first" and not video tape it, so here you go :) 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...