Thursday, August 9, 2012

Golf, jumping, laughing and more!!!

When we got up, we did as we did the day before, and headed down to the grandparents' room. Cade and Caroline are only 3 weeks apart, so I wanted to be sure we got a picture of them together. And wouldn't you know that they started holding hands?! Sweet cousins!


 We decided to go to the indoor waterpark today so we wouldn't have to worry about sunscreen and I knew as far as Connor went, there was a better toddler area. They also had one of those "rides" that allowed you to ride waves on a boogie board. Corey was brave and waited in line for about 30 minutes or so to ride. I was watching grown men being thrown all around that thing and he stuck to it! Isn't he so stinking cute?!

After not taking a nap the day before and staying up late, Connor hit a wall pretty early. We headed back up to the room around 12:30 to eat lunch and rest a little while. He took a great nap and after he got up we got cleaned up for supper. 

Little man got a lot of love this weekend. He took his afternoon nap on me on the couch and then his late afternoon on cousin Laura. He looked so sweet and comfortable in her arms! 


Caroline took a nap also, and I just loved her little hand up by her face! It's just too much, she says ;)

Seriously?! The romper? The headband. I am in TROUBLE if  we ever have a girl!!!)

All of the guy cousins got a great picture and I'm so sad that I didn't get one. I happen to think they are an pretty good looking bunch of guys!  
 All of the girl cousins, plus Connor :) 

I don't know what it was, but Cade LOVED Corey. As in he would die laughing when Corey smiled at him!!


Speaking of laughing, while I was outside eating supper, I heard Billy calling me to come inside to see what Cade was doing, and this is what I found:



I LOVE those belly laughs! He had already been doing it for a few minutes by the time I got the camera out, so I caught the tail end of it.


After everyone got done eating, we all went to play putt-putt. It was Connor's first time to play and I was so excited to see how he did. I realize I am biased, but I think he played pretty well! He had a great time and that is what matters the most!

A little live shot for ya:




The following pictures are what we would call me "letting go".  It is one of those things that I fight with .. Do I let him just play and be a child or do I hover and try to protect him from getting hurt. I let go and he did great! He LOVED "Cowey" and "Natawie" so much and they were seriously so good to him! They treated him like he was their age and it made this momma's heart happy! He's never believed he was young anyway!

 We got up early the next morning and got packed up. Connor was NOT excited about leaving his cousins. I'm so, so thankful that we got to spend time with everyone and am already looking forward to next time! 


We got home around 1:30 and this is what the scene looked like by 5. I can count on one hand the number of times he has done that since he has turned 1. So what did I do? I turned him around and cradled him like a baby and stared at him! I love my big boy!!!!


2 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE in Connor's video that he says "Sorry Mom" when he hits the ball at you. So sweet! Can't wait to see those beautiful boys...only a few more weeks!!!!

Ps. I think it's so funny you say "Supper" because i've always called it "Dinner". Must be a southern thing, you Arkansan!

Cristin said...

Love the posts and all of the pictures! We had a great time seeing everyone. I'm so glad we got to meet Cade and that Caroline was able to meet everyone. Hope to see you all again soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...