Monday, July 9, 2012

Whale of a good time- Day 5

 Today ended up being another beautiful day. I had been trying to get our feet print picture all week, so it was the first thing I did when I got down to the beach this time. Thankfully, Kyle was there to help with my texture sensitive son and held him up while I pushed his *very stiff* foot down. 


 I couldn't get his foot in there hard enough since he was pretty much resisting us, but I got the outline and traced it with my finger. Cade did great and his little footprint was precious. I looked at it every single time I walked by it the rest of the day :)

 We tried to get Connor to go without his shoes the rest of the day, but it was a no-go. He wouldn't even rest them in the sand when he was sitting in his chair. 

 The water was so much more calm today, so Matt went out a little further with him (holding him against his will. He wanted down so badly!). It must have worn him out, because he took a 2 1/2 hr nap on a float. We were laughing, because him and Cade were sleeping the same way. 



I realized that if I turned the iPod on the sound machine app I have, he would pretty much stay sacked out during his naps. The ocean just wasn't loud enough for him :)

While the boys napped, I laid on the shore and took some pictures of the water. You just cannot beat the beaches in Destin! Absolutely gorgeous!


D-daddy was at it again today and built a huge sea turtle, at the request of Connor. 


It is so funny to watch him. He is so precise about it, spending an hr or two building it! I tried to build a fire truck for him (connor, not billy. ha!) and failed miserably. 
   

After we came in and got ready to go out, Rachel and I decided to put the boys in their matching outfits, courtesy of Pumpkin Butter , of course :) I love these pictures of my boy, because it definitely shows just how hard it is to get a picture of the two of them! Connor is a MESS!
    

When you put Rowen and Cade up against Connor, he looks so big. He IS so big, but looks 4 in this picture. 

We went out to eat at the Lighthouse, a restaurant that offers 1/2 off their menu until 8 pm. I got the fried platter. It was ok, but it might just be that I'm not used to that much fried food! 

After supper, I went outside with Connor and Cade while we waited on everyone to pay their check. It was a gorgeous night and Connor loved the water fountain in front. April came out and I'm not sure if he pegged her for a sucker and asked her for some money to throw in, or if she just offered it, but the next thing I know he is throwing money in wishing for a sister. HA! I wonder who encouraged that? ;)

Once everyone else came out, the picture taking began. Connor sat down on the ground and wanted to hold Rowen, so they put him beside him and he put his arm around him. I love how much he became attached to Rowen this week!

So, if one day, Connor gets a sister it is because of this fountain. 


Before leaving, we grabbed a group shot. I love having such a large family!!! And once all of us have kids we are going to be huge! 


After getting the kids down tonight, we played Catch Phrase. It was boys against girls, and I'm pretty sure the girls ended up winning 2 games and the boys 1. I could be completely off there. I was falling asleep in the last game I was so tired. In fact, one time my word was volt and my clue was "What a strike of lightning is called." After everyone guessed bolt, I started laughing and told everyone to completely ignore me, I was so tired I was getting simple words mixed up! Needless to say, that was my last game and I hit the hay! 


1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

I LOVE the idea of a big family vacation - thats really cool that you guys do that!!! The matching outfits are simply adorable as are the pics of the boys together!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...