Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Picture day- Day 6

Sigh. Today is the last day at the beach. This week has been even better than I imagined. One of the things I will miss most is the walk to the beach. Lined with tall palm trees and bright green grass and shrubs with white picket fences, it just can't get any better than that. Especially paired with a bright blue sky. Nature, to me, is one of the easiest way to worship God. To look at those things and know that he created them amazes me!

I did not take a single picture on the beach today. At one point we had all 3 boys asleep under the canopy. I joked saying that next year we are going to have to have 2 canopies. A kid canopy and an adult one :). Cade wasn't as thrilled to be in his tent today. I can't say I blame him. I'd be tired of looking at that thing, too. Had I not been worried about sand being kicked in his face, I would have just laid him on a blanket in it. 

Since tonight was picture night, we left the house around 4:30 to eat at the Back Porch again. This time I got Grouper Destin. It was definitely good, just not as good as the crab stuffed Tilapia. Matt got the fried platter and it was, by far, the best fried shrimp I have ever had! We got smart this time around and brought Connor some Macaroni from home :). 

Billy went out one day this week and came back with 3 pairs of glasses. All in the Ray-Ban style. All from Wal-Mart. All for $5. Matt broke his that same day, and pretty much claimed one of the pairs for his own. And like father, like son, Connor claimed them for his own at supper tonight. It's no surprise, really, that I thought he was adorable. And he thought he was, too :).


After supper we stopped by the house to change clothes before walking back out on the beach for the last time this year. I was SO excited about the outfits MiMi had gotten them before Cade was even born. It made Connor look little again, which made this nostalgic mommy happy! Cade's was a little big, but they were still so sweet in them together. 


It is so hard to get Connor to genuinely smile AND look at the camera these days. I am still in love with the shots we got. Thanks, Libby, for taking them for us!


After our family shots, Matt was playing with Connor to try to distract him from throwing a fit, I think. All I know is there is NOTHING more attractive than seeing your man play with your babies. Therefore, these have become my favorite pictures. I love how genuine Matt's smile is in these pictures. It is the smile I fell head over heels for. 


 The Easley's, Kegley's and Moseley's

 BeBe and D-daddy with their grandsons. I love how Connor is holding Rowen's hand!

 And then one with Libby in it, too!

The experienced grandfather with his 3rd grandson :) Can you tell he likes him a little?! ;)

There were no games tonight as we had to get everything packed up. We got up bright and early to get on the road. The boys did great and I slept a lot on the way home. I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am for this week spent with family. We are SO, SO blessed!!!

1 comment:

Libby! said...

LOVE it! such sweet photos. Thanks for posting such great memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...