Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blogger 411

 

A couple of the wonderful blogs I read joined in on this link up, so I decided to do the same! 

  1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging since September of 2008. I got started because my friend Rachael introduced me to it. I knew I would one day have children and enjoy catching those moments, so I figured I'd go ahead and get started then, not knowing that those moments were going to be coming sooner rather than later ;). Has my blog changed???? HA! Yes! It now focuses on my two littlest loves and this amazing life they have given their daddy and me!


2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
 Yes, I went to Harding University and graduated with a degree in Professional Sales. I had the time of my life in those 4 short years. Met lifelong friends and, most importantly, my man!!!

3. Where have you traveled?
My first time out of the country was on our honeymoon to Riveria Maya, Mexico. 

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Hmmm... a house in Florida. 

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
1. People who are negative constantly. Life is too short and God did not put us here on earth to complain about it! We are all human and have bad days, of course, but I am talking about the people that must find the negative in everything. You know what I'm talking about!
2. Our neighbors letting their dogs out to use the bathroom and WATCHING them poop in our yard and doing nothing about it. And when I step in said poop 3 days later? GRRRR... 
3. When you let someone get over while driving and they don't wave. I have had to get used to that since moving to Tennessee. I guess Arkansans are just nicer ;)

6. What is your favorite movie?
This is tough! I'm not sure I really have one, but I would sit down and watch How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days or Ferris Bueller's Day Off  again. Growing up it was Clueless. I cannot even tell you how many times I watched that movie. 
 
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Water with Lemon. What's so crazy is I hated lemon in my water until I got pregnant with Cade and then it helped me curb my constant nausea and I have enjoyed it ever since! I do love me a good glass of sweet tea, too!

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Read a book. When I do get a chance, I savor it! My problem is I can't put them down. And then I am sad when I'm done. I might not be normal, but I'm ok with that ;)

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
If I were being logical I would say something like Target so that I could get everything I needed. If I weren't I would say something like Pottery Barn or Z Gallerie or Restoration Hardware, although the $10,000 wouldn't get me that far! HA!

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I always have the hardest time answering these because I don't think I get embarrassed that easily. Or I don't put myself in situations that I could get embarrassed at(not a good thing), which is probably more likely. Or I didn't realize I was doing something to embarrass myself, which is highly likely! I did get a little embarrassed when, at the doctors office a couple of weeks ago, Connor found the arm&Hammer trash bags in the diaper bag and wanted to throw them in the trash can. I repeatedly told him no, while still trying to talk to the dr, and what did he do? Promptly walked over to the trashcan and threw them in there. I then had to reach in there to get them. A little embarrassing because 1)my child obviously didn't obey me and 2) I had to reach down into the trash can while she made a small comment about being glad there wasn't anything gross in there. I could have just left them in there, but they were brand new at $5 and I'm cheap!!!

11. What day would you love to relive again?
No way to pick just one. My wedding day, every single day of my honeymoon, and Connor and Cade's birth.  All ridiculously awesome in their own way :)

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Jennifer Aniston. Love her.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
Car hop at Sonic (yes, they make good money..or they did when I was there!), receptionist at a tanning/hair salon, office manager at another hair salon. I loved working at a hair salon. Always had some fun girlfriends to talk to and whenever they got bored, they would do my hair. Not to mention the discounts on highlights. Spoiled me, really!

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Terrible quality. Not only is this a picture of a picture, but I just held this up to the webcam on my laptop and took it. Extreme laziness ;) I love this picture, though, and have it up on our fridge. I believe it is from our junior year of college. One of my favorite places in the world is to be cuddled up to my man. Complete and utter relaxation!

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Bora Bora, of course! Glass floor hut and all. Although, I will say I would have to have a way to go lay on the sand. Nothing like having your toes in the sand!
via

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you. 
Destin,  June 2012

17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
I will have created some magic pill that will keep Connor two... haha.. Just kidding. Well, kind of ;) No, I hope we are in our forever home by then. I'm not much on moving and don't require much so I think it is feasible. We will have 3 (or 4... Right, honey?!) kids and will hopefully be able to look back and see how much we have grown in the Lord as individuals and as a family. 




5 comments:

the workaholic momma said...

aaww...i just love this!!! I cannot get over the nerve of your neighbors...thats just crazy!! LOVE the pic you shared of you and your hubs...you guys look SO young:) Hope you're having a good week!

Holli said...

Oh my goodness, your header picture is precious. Beautiful little ones. I'm about to read about your Destin trip...we were there with our boys at about the same time this year. Happy new follower via From Mrs. to Mama.

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your blog...

Ohh.. I hate when neighbors let their dog go to the bathroom in our yard too! You should have heard me out complaining to my hubby when we first moved into our new place and I had to be out there scooping up someone else's poop so my girls didn't step in it!

And, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days... that has been one of my favs. too! :)

Anonymous said...

BTW, that picture of your kids is BEAUTIFUL!

(And, after posting the above comment, I see you commented on my blog. I posted there, but realized you may not see it since it doesn't notify you. I LOVE Thirty-One! Do you have a consultant? If not, I would love to talk to you about it. :)

So excited to get to know you through our blogs!

April said...

I picked Target as well. Might as well make the money stretch. Your boys are so cute!

www.cheathamblog.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...