Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Rewind

Linking up with Tami to share our weekend fun!

Friday night, since I have yet to go to the grocery store, Matt suggested we go grab something to eat and go to the park. I am always up for getting out of the house, especially when he is with us to help :) It started out disastrous. Cade was screaming (seriously does not like the carseat), which of course led to my milk letting down. I had not put any pads in, so of course it leaked through my sports bra onto my shirt! On top of that I realized I had forgotten to take out my bright blue scrunchie and replace it for a regular ponytail holder. So here I was with my baby screaming, a big wet spot on my left boob and a bright blue scrunchie. I laughed and said I was a walking ad for a frazzled mom! HA! We were about to give up and go home, but I didn't want to give up that easily ;). I'm glad we went, because we had a good time. 
 Connor wasn't in the mood to eat and was acting out pretty bad, so off to time out he went. It still surprises me that he will stay in the spot each time. 
 After time out and finishing what he would of his supper, it was play time! He loves all sports, but golf is at the top of the list right now.

Saturday morning we got a call from D-daddy asking us to join him at Cracker Barrel. If you've ever had breakfast there, you would know that is an easy "yes!" Connor had a great time playing with his Mavis train with Uncle Kyle. He had us all laughing! 
 Matt had a serious day of landscaping planned, so Connor and I sat outside with BeBe and watched them. 
 Woody eventually joined us and decided he wanted to ride Tow Mater. We'll have to teach him not to fall asleep at the wheel before we let him hit the road on his own.
 Goodness, I love this sweet boy! 
 At one point I had gone inside to settle Cade to sleep and when I came back into the kitchen I looked outside and noticed Becky was recording Matt trim a tree. I thought that was a little strange until I walked outside and saw this:

When they are determined to get something done, they get it done! 


Since we were going to church the next day, I had to get Cade in the bath to wash that head full of hair!  I love when he is fresh out of the bath.. it sticks straight up all over and has a little mohawk!

Saturday night Matt and I finally got around to watching Courageous. If you haven't seen it, you should. It is so good! 

Sunday we finally did something I have been wanting to do for a few weeks now. Pick strawberries!!! We got our basket and set out. 
I don't know why I thought Connor would enjoy actually picking them. He still does not like to get dirty! I think this was the only one he touched.
I put him in a red shirt because I just knew he would be inhaling them and dripping them all over himself. 
But, nope! He made me feed it to him and was much more interested in kissing his baby brother :) Cade wasn't as excited about the process, as you can see! Connor started telling us he was done about 20 minutes in, Cade was pretty fussy, I was sweating. We were all over it! I think my poor husband was the only one in a good mood! 
Connor with all of the strawberries daddy picked! 

We had a busy, but very productive weekend! Although I'm not trying to wish away this week I am already looking forward to next weekend. Not only is it my birthday, Memorial Day (read: matt is home 3 days!!), but my cousin and her family are coming to see us! I cannot wait!!!


1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

You are such a trooper....good for y'all for getting out and going to the park despite the start:) You are so smart to put Connor in a red shirt for strawberry picking...I totally need to remember that the next time we take Addie!!! I'm glad you guys had a good weekend:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...