Thursday, May 3, 2012

So far, so good!

Today marks the 5th day that I've been by myself with the kiddos, as Matt calls them :) It's gone pretty good and we have even ventured out a couple of times. I've already had a nursing session in a dressing room, which I know won't be my last! Connor was perfect, which could have been because I entertained him with videos of himself on the iPod. He is his biggest fan! And can someone tell me why in the world I thought it was a good idea to try on the clothes a mere 2 weeks after giving birth? As much as I LOVE and missed nursing, I did not miss the gigantic bosoms that come along with it! 

I had to get a picture of my two boys in their polos before we took Connor to school.

Keeping him entertained while nursing at home, on the other hand, isn't quite as easy. One time he took every single piece of clothing out of his drawers. Another he took the majority of his books out of his bookshelf.  Every other time he usually decides that is when he wants me to hold him and tries to sit in my lap with us. Then there are the few times he laughs and says, "Cade eating mommy" and runs off. HA!


The only issue we have run into lately is Connor not listening. I know a large part of it is him being 2 and trying to insert his independence, but whew! It is hard! My fear is that I will start getting onto him more than anything else and I do not want that! I HATE that it is so easy to point out what he is doing wrong rather than praise him for what he is doing right. I also hate how hard it is to be consistent with time out. All I can do is take it one day at a time and pray that God gives me the patience and insight to recognize those moments that deserve praise. 

And while those moments that he yells no at me and is completely defiant are oh so frustrating, there are those heart stopping moments when I put him to bed and we go through our night time routine that goes like this:
Me: Night night, buddy. I love you the whole wide world and then some. I'll see you in the morning.
Connor: Morning, mommy. Whole wide world and then some, Mommy.
Me: Yes, baby, I love you the whole wide world and then some.
Connor: Love you, too, Mommy (but said in the 2 year old version. I don't even know how to type it out, but it is the most precious words ever spoken!)
And it doesn't matter if I am not the one that actually put him in the bed, he has to have me come in to go through our routine. And that? That is what makes me realize I have to be doing something right, even if I don't feel like it all the time! 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...