Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ahhh.....

Today was so nice. We stayed in our pajama's most of the day until it was time to get ready for church. I haven't had one of those days in a couple of weeks! While I stayed in my pajama's, Connor decided he wanted to be Superman for the day. And what does Superman do on a day in with his mommy? Tackle her, of course! Tackling is one of his favorite things to do. When he tackles Matt, Matt falls all the way to the ground. I obviously cannot do that, so I just lift him all the way up in the air and scream when he gets to me. He loves both! (funny side story: Matt got on to me the first time he saw me doing it because that wasn't "true tackling". Really?! Training him for football at 2?!?! haha)

And I love playing, because who wouldn't love seeing this sweet boy running towards you? Sometimes he gets a little excited and somewhat bites my cheek, and today was no different. I had to remind him that he only kisses, so then he started giving me a kiss on the cheek after each "tackle". LOVED that!
I had some work to do around the house, so while I did he just played and played by himself. It is so cute to see his little imagination running. After a little while of playing, he wanted to play with the Play dough. I made him clean up his other toys first and when it was time to start get it out he said "Yay!" and clapped. That is one of my favorite things that he does right now (among many!)
He must have had a good time playing this morning because he took a 3 hour nap! I got a lot done, and by the time he woke up it was time to get ready for church. I had to wash my hair, so while I was drying it I told him he could watch Lion King. When I got done, I went and checked on him and saw that he had lined all of his animals (Mom got him those from the dollar section in Target. Best $10 she has ever spent! He plays with them every single day, and for the majority of the day. They are still there if you have a little one that likes animals. I highly recommend them!) up on the TV stand. I asked him what they were doing and he said, "Ummm... watch Mymon King!"
He was cracking me up because as soon as he would sit one up there, he would do a little dance afterwards. It is so hard to have a bad day when you watch him for even 5 minutes. The child loves life!!!
With all of the working in Franklin I have been doing, we haven't been able to go to our church in a couple of weeks, so he was so excited to go. I thoroughly enjoyed being there, too! It definitely takes some adjusting to get things together and be there by 6, but I always feel so refreshed when I leave.

Hope y'all had a good Wednesday!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...