Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day today. It was somewhat busy, but still very good. I had a doctors appointment this morning, so Connor made his very first appearance to the dr's office since my 6 week check up with him. He was very good and responded with a "Whoa" when he heard Cade's heartbeat :) In fact, on the way home we had a little conversation (I love that these are becoming more frequent!) that went like this:
Connor: Mommy?
Me: Yes?
Connor: Cade heart. Boom Boom.

I love that my sweet boy was thinking about hearing his little brother's heartbeat. I melt when I think about the love that is going to be between those two!!

Before we left, I had to get a cute picture of the shirt that Ashley @ Pumpkin Butter Kids made him. So cute! He loves the idea of taking a picture, but it is so hard to get a good one these days without the extremely fake smile!
After his nap, we had to head out to get his haircut and pick up his special Valentines' Cake. He wasn't sure about getting his haircut at first, but was a-ok once I pulled the Thomas the Train gummies out! We talked about it the entire way there.. how he was going to sit in a big black chair, wear a cape that was kind of like Superman's and get his hair cut like a hockey player and a basketball player. As you can probably tell, he came up with hockey/basketball player part on his own. Ha! Whatever works!

We waited until Matt got home for him to open all of his cards and gifts from everyone. He sure is one loved little boy!!
Growing up my mom would always get my brother and I an ice cream cake from either Dairy Queen or Baskin Robbins. I didn't do it with Connor last year since he wasn't 1 yet, but I did this year! I love traditions and was excited to get this one started. I've already thought about how I was going to explain to Cade next year how he couldn't have any because his brother didn't get any sweets before he turned 1 ;)
He seemed very excited about eating his cake and for some reason kept calling the flower a strawberry. Wouldn't you know that as soon as I cut him a piece that he wouldn't even try it?! I don't know how he is my child. I think he was mad it wasn't a strawberry!

Matt and I put him to bed together tonight and I want to try to do it more often, because you could tell he loved it. He kept looking back and forth at us and saying our names. Sweet boy!!

I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...