Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby Details :)

Before having kids, Matt and I had pretty much already decided that we would like to have them close together. Also, we would like for them to be born around the same months so they could share clothes if they were the same sex :) We weren't sure if we would stick to those feelings since Connor was a WONDERFUL surprise, but obviously, we did!


I actually found out I was pregnant the day Connor and I got back from our trip to Arkansas at the end of August. I knew that I was supposed to start while I was there, but promised Matt that if I didn't, I would wait until we got back to take a test. I went back and forth on whether or not to take it before he got home from work and ulitmately decided to go ahead. I had to tell him about Connor over the phone, so I wanted to have fun with this one, if it were in fact positive. I really didn't think it would be, because besides being a little tired and constantly having to pee, I had no symptoms. Obviously, I was wrong! I decided to just make a "letter" from Connor to him and fold it up and tell him Connor drew him something. Needless to say, he was very surprised with what it said!

How is it that Connor has changed SO much in this past month?! What in the world?!


For my mom and Matt's mom I had thrown together this little book of shapes, numbers, etc. It was only 3 pages long and the last page said "I'm going to be a big brother!" I got both of them to read it to him. The look on their faces were priceless! For everyone else, we had Connor wear his shirt :)


They will be almost 26 months apart, and that is the part we are most excited about. I know they are going to have so much fun together! So far, this pregnancy has been pretty similiar to Connor's. There are a few things that I haven't experienced yet. One of them being acne. I think my Clarisonic has helped with that. The second being a sore chest. I think that is because I just quit nursing 6 months ago, so they have been through the ringer. HA! I am, however, as sick with this little peanut as I was with Connor. The only difference is I'm not really nauseated.. it's just that my gag reflex is seriously ridiculous. And it always seems to start around 3:30 or so. Weird, huh?! Which has led to a lot of this in the afternoons:



Thankfully, the mornings are good, which is our most active time of the day anyway. It's not so good for Matt and he has said a couple of times he is ready for the 2nd trimester to have his wife back! I can't say I disagree with him!


Oh, and the other difference? What they say about showing earlier with your 2nd? Definitely true for me. I'm going to start the weekly updates at 12 weeks since that is when I started with Connor and I'll go ahead and promise you that I'm not having twins! HA!


I'm headed to Gatlinburg for the weekend for my sister in law's bachelorette party. I might or might not have already cried about leaving Connor for the weekend, but know that it is going to be a great bonding experience for him and his daddy. And I will have a good time, that I am sure of! I've never been to Gatlinburg either, so I am looking forward to seeing God's beautiwork too! Hope y'all have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Meredith Bryan said...

Loved all the details!!! So much fun!!!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...