Saturday, May 28, 2011

My wonderful birthday!

Yesterday was not only my birthday, but my golden birthday! I turned 27 on the 27th! When my mom called to tell me Happy Birthday, I told her thank you and happy my birthday to her. She said it was a good day for her too, and of course, had to remind me that it had been two days coming once I actually got here. I don't think she'll ever let me forget those two days ;) But, really, I don't blame her (except for the part where she was in pain. No epidural for miss au naturale!)... I suppose I was stubborn from the beginning!


Anyway, I had such a good day yesterday! It was much more relaxed than last year's birthday . Besides the fact that Connor gave me a run for my money. He was into EVERYTHING. I'm pretty sure that he had flushed the toilet 10 times within 20 minutes of being up. And when I went in there to remove him, his hands were in the toilet. So I picked him up to wash his hands at the sink. And he knocked everything off the sink into the floor. And it was only 7:10 am. HA! I asked him if he was trying to give me gray hairs at such a young age!


I did decided that since it was my birthday I was going to put him in a sweet little outfit to hang out around the house. Because doesn't cute outfits make playing in the toilet...cute?!



My MIL found this for, what I can only imagine, was a quarter at a garage sale (I say that jokingly, because she always says the things she finds are for a quarter. I have no clue how much this one was, but I do know she really does find some amazing things! She is the garage sale buyer extraordinaire.)


After spending all day with my little man, it was time to pick up my MAN man from work. We had reservations at 5 for the patio at Maggianno's. We actually got there around 4:30, and I was starving, so we decided to see if they would just go ahead and seat us. They did and after receiving our entrees at 4:50, I asked Matt if we were celebrating my 27th birthday or my 80th! We had supper BEFORE 5:00! In fact, I think they served dessert at 5:30! ha. Everything was so good. I got Rigatoni D and it is just perfect! They have a special on their pastas that allows you to choose one of the selected pasta dishes to eat then AND choose another to take home for the next night. Matt did that and choose lasagna and Four Cheese ravioli. I, of course, had enough for lunch today too. We also ordered dessert and still got out under $55 with taxes and all. I was shocked! I think next time we go we want to go with some other couples and get family style. Oh, and one of my favorite things about eating there was eating on the patio. I am a sucker for any kind of outdoor eating, and this was no different. We were the only ones out there and we even had our own personal symphony with all of the cicadas around (HA!). So, the next time you go, ask to sit on the patio!


Afterwards, my oh so wonderful husband took me shopping. I didn't find much, but I did get a really cute beach hat. I've actually decided that I am going to buy one more swimsuit and save the rest of my money for shopping at the outlet stores in Destin. I cannot wait!


I'm so thankful for all of the sweet comments on Facebook and all of the phone calls from my besties (can we have phone dates more often?!) and all of the very generous gifts from my family. I love you all!!!


We are getting ready to leave for Baby Easley's reveal party. I have never been to one, so I am excited about that part, but I am soooooo excited to see if I am having a niece or nephew!!! (I'm thinking niece, Matt thinks nephew. We'll see who is right!)


I hope y'all have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy birthday from us! Looks like you had such a wonderful birthday. Miss your sweet self so much!

the workaholic momma said...

HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY, Kelli!!! What a busy man your little Connor is!!! I can't even begin to imagine what those days are going to be like but I know they will be here soon:)

Sounds like you and the hubs had an amazing dinner:) Hope you had a wonderful day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...