Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday morning scene

I'm linking up with Katie again this week to share my

Well we had our first swimming lessons this morning. I woke up at 5:30 so nervous/excited about it! I don't know why, but I just knew he was going to cry and....




I wasn't wrong. :(


He was fine as long as he was sitting at the steps by me. And especially when these two little girls would come talk to him. He really loved that.





But as soon as the instructor came and got him, he lost it. I think I am going to go back up there a couple of times this week and get in there with him to try to get him more comfortable. Next week they are going to have a lifeguard sitting on the steps with him and Matt and I are going to sit where he can't see us, because that definitely makes it worse. It was like as soon as he would calm down with her, it was time for him to come back and wait on the steps (where I was) and he would get upset when he left me again. I so so badly just wanted to put on my swimsuit and get in with him, but I could tell the instructor really didn't want me to do that.


Did anyone else have this kind of experience with their kids? Did it get better? Advice very much appreciated!!





7 comments:

the workaholic momma said...

AAWW - poor thing - I wish I had some good advice to give but my lil girl is too young to start swim lessons but I am so eager to get her in the pool! Happy Saturday!

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

yep, sounds familiar!!! it took my kiddos a long time to break free - but it will happen!!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Awe--sweet baby!

What age are you starting lessons?

Jennifer said...

Poor little guy! He's adorable and will get the hang of swim class soon enough!

Kelly said...

Cade still cries sometimes at swim lessons:( It is probably not just you, but also a fear of the unfamiliar. Haven't tried Emmy this year, but I can tell you, it WILL NOT be good!

Erin said...

oh that first picture is a great memory.. i love that picture!

Ashley E. said...

Haha! I'm sorry to laugh at such a pitiful face! I definitely want Addi to take swim lessons!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...