Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

Connor was in rare form today. He was so fussy! He cried during church, but I just knew that it was because he was tired. I figured it would be better once he got to the nursery. Well, he cried when I left him! I went back and checked in on him about 3 minutes later and he was fine. He still wasn't his normal happy self, but at least he wasn't crying. We NEVER go out to eat after church, and of course, we had decided to try to go today. It didn't go so great. It wasn't awful, but it definitely wasn't easy. I quickly remembered why we eat at home! I think it was a mixture of being tired and his teeth bothering him. One of his lateral insciors popped through Thursday, but the other one is still hanging out at the surface. Hopefully it will pop through soon and give him some relief.




Today we had plans to go to an Easter egg hunt with some friends and their kiddos at Jaime's mother in law's house at 2. I knew we would be a little late because Connor was so tired. Well, we were an hour late! If you know me at all, you know that would have stressed me out to the max, but suprisingly I was super chill. At the time, him getting more sleep was most important, so what could I do? When he woke up he just wanted momma and all he wanted to do was cuddle on the couch. Of course. The one time we have plans he just wants to cuddle. I may or may not have let him for a few minutes before we left :)



When we got there they had already done the main egg hunt, but the big kids had a pinata to hit, so we let Connor hunt his own eggs.


I wish I would have videotaped him. He gave his billy goat/leprechaun laugh the entire time. He thought it was so cool that there were colored eggs on the ground that he could pick up!







When he grabs his stomach, you know he is excited!



And then sweet Levi came over and joined in the fun. I tried to get a good picture of him, but boy oh boy, this little man is BUSY!!!! I still think this turned out pretty cute :) He is about a month older than Connor. (If you have been reading my blog for a while, you might recognize him from when I kept him one day last fall! )







Levi helping Connor put eggs in his basket :)





Hmmm...wonder what's in this one?



I love those furrowed brows!




Sweet little Mckenzie Jo saw the boys playing and decided to join as well :)




Oh those curls. SO SWEET!!





She was helping Connor rack up some eggs, too!






Is there anything sweeter than little fingers?!





He was very interested in the big kids hitting the pinata!





This picture cracks me up. For some reason he reminded me of a little Moses or something. He looks serious in this picture, but it is because he was eating his first popsicle and it was very cold! He loved it!



McKenzie Jo is only 2 months older than Connor, but this girl can MOVE! She was climbing up in these chairs like she had been doing it her whole life! I just can't imagine Connor being able to do that! What a beautiful day to spend with friends! Thank you so much, Jaime, for inviting us!


3 comments:

Ashley E. said...

I just love little boys in jon jons! So cute!

the workaholic momma said...

simply adorable - i love the pictures and what a fun way to spend the afternoon!!

Meredith :) said...

Love it!! So glad we got to do that yesterday. It was fun to see Connor and Levi together again. I love the pictures you got of them. So sweet! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...