Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy Monday!

I have a feeling the next few Mondays are going to be pretty busy, but I am ok with that! He has music class in Nashville for the next 8 weeks at 10:15, so by the time we get home I cook him lunch real quick and put him down for his nap. Basically we are gone all morning, but it is actually refreshing to be ready so early! ha

Last week I mentioned how timid he was and how he stuck to my side the entire time. This time was the complete opposite. We got there a little early and I think he must have remembered being there last week because he immediately stood at the gate and watched the rest of the class.

I would say out of the 50 minute class he sat in my lap for about 5 minutes of it. He walked around the rest of the time and when he would come back to me he would grab his stomach, bend over and laugh. He was cracking me and everyone around us up! There was a little 2 1/2 year old boy that we sat beside and he kept trying to give him a hug. It was so sweet. I can't say it enough... I just love watching him interact with other kids!

Once we got home we sat down to eat some lunch. If you have either eaten with or fed Connor, you know he is the slowest eater. Well lately he has taken to a new habit that makes him even slower. For example, he will take one green bean and take tiny little bites off of it. Or tear little pieces off. Well today he had a grilled cheese sandwich and instead of tearing it into little pieces myself, I put it on his tray to see what he would do. (note: I was sitting right there monitoring him :) ) Once again, this is a video for the grandparents!

Afterwards he went down for a MUCH NEEDED (I can't stress that enough!) nap and after watching my show, I decided to start the Shred again. I actually did much better than I thought. Like I said last Friday I am reading 1 Samuel right now. I am at the part where David is running from King Saul, who is trying to kill him. Throughout the workout, when I thought I might die, I thought of David and how strong and corageous he was and relied on God to tell him his next move. I told God I was relying on Him to get me through this workout. It was actually the first time I got through it almost all the way. The only thing I really struggled with was arm raises. They literally feel like they are going to fall off of my body when I do them. I probably get a pretty good workout lugging little man around all day anyway :).

Once Connor woke up from his nap we got ready to go to Mt Juliet and meet Matt for supper before his softball game. We went to Subway and then went to Sweet CeCe's for dessert (yes, I realize I worked my butt off only to eat yogurt that night! ha). But there was no way I was going to be right by that wonderful place and not eat it. Plus, it's yogurt.. not ice cream! Anyway, Connor was cracking us up because he didn't want to be carried. He wanted to walk everywhere and you could just tell he was so proud of himself. He walks with the biggest smile and his belly stuck out all the way. I tell him he walks like I did when I was 9 months pregnant! I had already decided that I was going to get Connor a little yogurt, but wasn't sure how he would react to it. I knew he would like it, but so far the only thing he has wanted more of was the sugar cookies from his party. Well he had the first bite and the rest is history. He would take a bite, walk around our table and then come back for another bite.

Once it gets a little warmer we are going to take him to get an ice cream cone. I can't wait to see the mess that creates!!

Hopefully the fact that he notices what I am eating will help me stay away from treats. I only have about 50 days until the beach, so I have a lot of work to do!!

On the way home I had to stop and get a few things at Publix. He was getting close to hitting the wall, so I put him in one of the race car carts. And let me just tell you. He thought he was IT. He laughed at everyone, repeated "beep beep" when I told him to. He loved it. I have got to start couponing so that we can get all of our groceries at Publix. I already love taking him to the grocery store, but it would make it that much more fun to be able to put him in that cart everytime!

This picture makes me laugh becuase this is how Matt drives. He always has one hand on the wheel with the other one on the back of the passenger seat.

So, needless to say, I had one tired little man on my hands when we got home. I don't think we have anything on the agenda tomorrow, so it looks like we have a pajama day ahead of us :) Hope y'all had a great Monday!!

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...