Monday, February 21, 2011

Connor's first (1st) birthday present!

I worked my 2nd shift at the consignment sale today and I struggled more this time. I cried a little bit when I left him! Once I got there it wasn't that bad. In fact, it went pretty fast until about 2 hrs before I was supposed to leave, and then it creeeeeeeped by! As much as I hate being away from him, it sure is nice to see how much he missed me while I was gone. He would not let go of me all night! He wouldn't even lett Matt hold him and he started fussing if Matt tried to hug me! He wanted me all to himself! I tried to explain to Matt and apologize, but he said "Just, hush. You are loving this. Don't lie!" haha. BUT, the sweetest thing Connor did tonight was while he was nursing. He stopped, looked up at me, put his hand on my cheek and leaned up and gave me a sweet kiss! Then he went back to nursing. He sure does know how to pull on my heartstrings!



Pam decided last week to go ahead and buy Connor's birthday prensent and since the box was so big and they didn't have anywhere to put it, she brought it over this weekend. Kyle came over and help Matt put it together.







I am SO excited about it because I love taking him to the park, but by the time I get everything together and we actually get there we only have about 30 minutes before we have to head home. I can see many many hours put into this swingset this summer!





Uncle Kyle is such a good uncle to come help put it together!



Gammie and Connor



Don't you love his mittens? haha


Always clapping :)
haha..love that scrunched up face











Isn't it the cutest swingset?!

I told Matt when we got home from Life Groups Sunday night that now it REALLY looks like a child lives here and I LOVE IT!!!

After they got it finished I started cooking supper. I was making pancakes and we always have so much batter left over, so Kyle stayed with us to eat. I'm going to brag and say those were some of the best pancakes I have ever made! They were so fluffy with the outer edges a little crusty.. yum yum! I had chocolate chips in mine, but the boys just had plain (Connor included!) Have y'all ever had chocolate chips in yours? My brother and I don't eat them any other way. It is soooo good!

I hope everyone had a great Monday!

2 comments:

Ashley E. said...

What a sweet sweet boy!!!

Janelle said...

I love the swing set!!!! I can't believe he's already so big!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...