Sunday, January 23, 2011

The perfect Sunday

When we were in college the song "Raining on Sunday" by Keith Urban came out. Everytime I heard that song all I could think about was being married and as soon as we got back from church, getting under the covers all afternoon. I know I've said this before, but there is nothing like spending the day in bed watching movies and just relaxing. While I was in the sick days of pregnancy there were days that I wouldn't even leave the bedroom (besides the multiple trips to the bathroom and to the kitchen to get some crackers) and Matt would always laugh and couldn't believe I would do that. To which I would reply, you have never had morning all-day sickness!


Well today he indulged me and after I got Connor down for his nap we took a nap. I don't know about y'all but I sleep SOOO much better with my man. Especially when he lets me put my cold feet under his warm legs! We both woke up an hour later totally refreshed and ready to play with our little man.


Connor was doing the funniest thing when we got home from church. He had fallen asleep literally 30 seconds before we got home so Matt was trying to not scare him when he opened his car door. He opened it very quietly, but Connor still woke up and laughed at him. Then he promptly fell back asleep. Then he woke up and laughed again. Then he fell back asleep. He did that probably 3 more times. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen! We were dying laughing.


Speaking of laughing, I was playing with Connor the other day while he was in his highchair and he thought it was hilarious. Of course, we didn't get the best laughter, but we did get a little bit of it. His laughter is enough to make my world go round :)


I tell you what. He is going to make some woman someday very happy. He is such a lover with all of his kisses! Today he crawled over to me while I was cutting up some fruit for him in the kitchen. He started tugging on my pants legs and making the noise he makes when he wants me to pick him up. I picked him up and he put his sweet little hand on my chin and gave me a kiss! Then he wanted to get down again. He just needed to give me a kiss and I LOVE it! He knows how to make my heart melt.. that's for sure!


Well, I've got to do some more birthday planning. I told my sister in law, Rachel, today that this, so far, has been harder than planning my wedding! HA!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...