Thursday, October 28, 2010

A whole lot of nada

Well we have had the most relaxing week. I haven't even been to the grocery store once! I sure hope Kroger didn't go out of business without me supporting them.





I did leave on Wednesday to get the 2nd sewing lesson and go to church. The sewing lesson was going great...until I walked into Connor's line of vision. Then I lost my instructor to the 2 foot blonde headed, blue eyed boy. I didn't get very far, but at least got a feel for the sewing machine. It is a LOT harder than it looks. I am anxious to see how this outfit turns out!






I have thoroughly enjoyed going to church on Wednesday night. It is just a nice, refreshing and uplifting moment in the middle of the week. It really has made the last 2 weeks so much better! The youth minister at our church, who was Matt's YM when he was in HS, is teaching the class. He is so good at what he does and I can see why we have such a strong youth group. Now if we can talk him into staying until our kids get through... ;)






I am really looking forward to this weekend. My mom (MiMi) is going to be here and we haven't seen her in 3 months! I am also so excited about trunk or treat this weekend. Connor's costume is too stinkin cute and I can't wait to put him in it! I am really struggling with ideas on how to decorate our trunk, but will probably just do something pretty simple. It's all about the candy anyway! Oh AND we are getting our picture made for the church directory. I love church directories. I like having a name with a face and our church is so big that I have a hard time doing that. With my handy dandy church directory, hopefully I will get better! I also like to keep old ones to see how much people have changed. Weird, I know!
*
Completely random, but I am wanting to try a new pumpkin recipe. The couple of cans I have left from a few weeks ago are calling my name from the cabinet! Does anyone have a pumpkin cheesecake or pumpkin pie recipe that they love? Do share!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I am making Martha Stewart's Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie next week...I will let you know if the recipe is worth sharing :) Can't wait to see pictures of Connor in his costume!

Janelle said...

Super Easy Cheesecake.
Fluffy Pumpkin Cheesecake:
16 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
2/3 c. sugar
2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 eggs
1 15 oz. can Pumpkin
1 graham crust
*Beat cream cheese on med. spead till fluffy. Add sugar & spice, mix thoroughly then add eggs. Stir in pumpkin.
*Pour into crust and bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes. Cool for 1 hr, then refridgerate for 3 hrs.
Hope you enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...