Monday, October 4, 2010

Breakfast for Supper?

I love having breakfast for supper. I could do it once a week with no problems. Matt is more like once a month.. ha. Tonight we had Stuffed French Toast & Pears with sausage.

My presentation is pretty bad, and it doesn't help that my plates are huge! Can't go wrong with Starbucks coffee, Coffee House Delights creamer and Cracker Barrel syrup!


We were a little nervous about the French Toast, but it was really good. It actually came from our point system (Weight Watchers) recipes that we get from E-Mealz. I'm pretty sure the Cracker Barrel syrup pretty much ruined the diet portion of the meal :) Anyway, this is such a unique recipe, I thought I'd share. And unfortunately, there are no picture. Disappointing, I know.


3 Bartlett pears, peeled and diced

1 T brown sugar

1/2 c part skim ricotta cheese

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 T sugar

6 slices whole wheat bread

*1/2 c FF egg substitue (I just used one egg)*

1/4 c FF half and half


Combine pears & brown sugar in a sprayed skillet and cook over med heat until pears are tender. Remove & set aside. Combing ricotta, cinn. & sugar, spread evenly between two bread slices to form a sandwich. Combine egg sub* & FF half & half. Dip each sandwich into mixture. Spray skillet and brown each sandwich over med heat. Serve each sandwich topped with 1/2 c of pears.


So seeing that this doesn't even call for syrup, we really "cheated". That and we used so much of the ricotta mixture on each sandwich that it made 2 instead of 3. Oh well!


Connor took a few more crawls tonight (when Matt got home... he loves showing off for his daddy!) and we caught it on video. I promise I'm not going to show a video everytime the child moves, but I wanted the rest of his familia to see.




One of Matt's friends from High School left a message on facebook asking for a babysitter on Thursday morning and I told her that I could do it. They have a little boy that is about 6 weeks or so older than Connor. I am SO excited! I know they are going to have a great time together! I've always wondered what it would be like to have two the same age.. I guess I'll find out!!!




3 comments:

Amanda Bundy said...

Hey Kelli!

I am watching Levi today. He is precious! You guys will have so much fun! We have had a blast today. Ava Grace just watches him crawl everywhere. He helped me make your pumpkin bread. I hope you have a blessed week.

Carrie said...

Love watching Connor crawl...how precious! He is getting so big!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys at Kayla's wedding!

MiMi said...

Thank you for posting ALL of his moves. MiMi will never tire of them. I watch each one four or five times each time I pull up your blog, which is 3-4 times a day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...