Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wonderful weekend!


We had such a good weekend. We spent Friday night at Gammie's house and Connor slept for 12 full hours.. and so did I! I fell asleep literally 30 minutes after putting him down and just kept sleeping. I was so tired!



Saturday morning we went to Layla's 2nd birthday party. I was so excited about it! It was Elmo themed and everything was so cute. The cake was delicious. I have such a weakness for sweets. It really is a problem ;)

Aren't they just the cutest little family? Layla was WAY too busy to look at the camera!

Trying on her Elmo towel :)

We got her a carseat for her babydoll and she thought she would try to sit in it.

Mrs. Jannette (Rach's mom) holding Connor. I was so glad he finally got to meet her!

Trying on her new princess shoes. They had a heel and it was SO cute to see her try to walk around in them.

Blowing out the candles! I just love her pig tails!


How cute are these?! The kids LOVED them!

This was a DOUBLE DOOZIE Cookie Cake. My love for double doozie's is close to becoming sinful ;) If you don't know what a double doozie is you must stop what you are doing right now, find a Great American Cookie Co and buy one! (Basically it is just two cookies with icing in the middle)


Every Sunday after church we stick around and talk to a few friends. One couple has a little girl named Kennedy that is 3 1/2 weeks younger than Connor. A few weeks ago he held her hand. This week, he improved his game dramatically. I was holding him on my hip so one of his arms was behind me and the other in front. All of a sudden he spotted Kennedy and brought both arms and his head forward trying to grab her! He completely recognized that she was his size! He then started talking to her using his teradactyl voice. Her eyes got as big as saucers! She is usually the talkative one and he had rendered her speechless! I can't wait to start taking him to the nursery and letting him play with some other babies his size, because I definitely think he can tell the difference!


We have a busy week ahead of us. We have a lot of family coming in for Brent and Rachel's wedding (brother in law) and I have to clean this house! That isn't as easy with a baby, so I decided to make a cleaning schedule. We'll see if I stick to it!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I love some Connor! He is so precious and I am so glad I finally got to meet you! :) Your blog is so cute!!

MiMi said...

LOVE those cupcakes. How did she make the elmo faces or are they candy? But the most precious post here was the first pix of that angelic little face. love you all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...