Monday, August 16, 2010

Family, Fair, Football and Fellowship

We had so much fun this weekend! THE Wilson County Fair started Friday and I was so excited to go! Not only was it Connor's first fair experience, but Dad and Lance had never been either. So off we went to stuff ourselves silly.


Matt wasn't very excited about the outfit I picked out for Connor, but I held my ground :) He just knew people would think he looked like a girl, but I said they wouldn't because his buttons had tractors on them.


We hadn't even gotten through the gates before someone said "Oh, how cute! How old is SHE?!" HA! I'm still hearing about that :)




I love our fair for so many reasons. Not only is the food incredible, but there are so many neat attractions. Where else can you find:


horse made ice cream?

If you look closely, you will see the horse is standing on a type of treadmill that has a pole attached to the ice cream machine! I didn't try any. I realize the horse is no where near the ice cream, but it disturbed me nonetheless.


a man acting like a mechanical cowboy (We swear he was real....they said we could pinch him. I wish I would have. There is always next time ;) )



pigs cuddling. (Ok. You can probably see that at a lot of fairs. I just thought it was sweet!)


It was SO hot, but Connor was still so good. He was so tired... we just looked over at him at one point and he was OUT! So sweet!



Saturday was the first TENNESSEE TITANS game! I am so ready for football I can't stand it. Dad and Lance pulled out the Ole Miss hat that Dad had bought for Connor after he was born. I couldn't believe it fit so well.. it seems like yesterday it was hanging down past his nose! As much as I dislike Ole Miss, it sure does look cute on him!

I told Matt that I would buy him the UT hat next. What I didn't tell him was that I would also be purchasing the UofA hat as well! :)


We have decided that we are going to take Connor to the Tennessee-Ole Miss game and I CANNOT wait! I've already been brainstorming about what he is going to wear... not that it matters. I won't get a say! haha. Matt got them back at lunch by serving them orange/white "T" shaped pasta :)

I can't wait until November!

Sunday night we had life groups. We haven't been lately due to Connor's early bedtime, but we decided to give it a shot. It was at Will and Amber's house and they have a little girl that is 3 1/2 weeks younger than Connor. I was SO excited to get them beside each other for pictures and see how they would interact. At first Connor was just kind of chill. He hadn't eaten yet.. and well. He is a man. Feed me first, then I'll pay attention. JUST KIDDING! We laid them down again after they ate and Connor immediately started grabbing at her face and putting his fingers in her mouth. It was so stinking cute! I seriously could watch them all day!

"Hey Connor, look over here!"


I have a feeling we will probably never get them to look at the same camera. haha



This just makes me giggle. Holding hands :)

Lastly, I will leave you with possibly my favorite picture of the weekend (for those of you who made it this far!).

I'm pretty sure this will be my mom's favorite too :) Words can't describe how happy I am to have my little brother safe and sound in the United States.. and I think they are pretty cute in their matching shirts too!



4 comments:

Ashley E. said...

Okay that jon jon is adorable!!!

MiMi said...

Yes that WAS my favorite picture. Made happy tears come to my eyes. I cant wait to hug both of them.

Kelly said...

Love the fair outfit! The first time we took Cade to the fair (around C's age), he wore a red and white jon jon with a watermelon slice and ants on it (way more "girly" I bet;)

Rachael said...

So cute!! of course :) I love the pic where his hat is backwards! i tried to save it to my computer so hopefully it works! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...