Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

We had a great 4th! Sunday we didn't do much. We went to church and came back and grilled some burgers and just kind of lounged around all day. It was really nice and relaxing.

We had planned to celebrate Monday and celebrate we did! We had a feast! Grilled steak kabobs (grilled by Matt), fresh corn and lima beans, pasta salad, homeade bread, watermelon, homeade ice cream, apple pie, banana pudding and sugar cookies!

I felt absolutely miserable afterwards!

I loved that we were able to sit outside in the shade and enjoy the nice weather. Connor sat in his bouncy seat in the middle of the two tables and was the center of attention. He ate it up :) We ate, played cornhole and visited with family. My recipe for a great day!


Growing up we usually went to the lake for the 4th to watch fireworks on the water. I really did love that and hope to be able to do that one day. Otherwise, I'm not that intrigued by fireworks.. it was more of the atmosphere for me. Another place I hope to celebrate the 4th in the future is at a campgrounds. It is so much fun to walk around and see families grilling and playing together. I love holidays and hope that I can instill that love in Connor too!




1 comment:

Ashley E. said...

That pie is super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...