Saturday, July 3, 2010

1st craft project!

I can't believe I haven't posted all week. I had no reason. It's not like my days flew by.. in fact I felt like this week lasted forever! I think I was just so looking forward to this weekend that it just seemed to drag on.

My mom got here late Thursday night for a visit, so Matt and I made plans for her to babysit so we could go to the movies Friday night. We went to see Toy Story 3 and it was so good! I teared up! Sad, I know! Afterwards we went to Maggie Moos. It was fun to be out by ourselves and have a date and I'm pretty sure MiMi and Connor had a good time too :).

Today Rachael and Layla came over and we did a little craft project together. I had seen it in the Family Fun magazine and thought it would be something I might be able to do with a 4 month old. First, though, we had to make some star shaped cookies!
Don't you just love her hair?! Those curls are GORGEOUS!
I had never looked at that magazine before and it was SO cute! If you love crafty projects and easy, fun recipes this magazine would be right up your alley. I think I am going to have to get a subscription because I am a sucker for a fun craft project.. especially around the holidays!


This particular project involved painting an Eagle on a shirt using your child's hands. Layla was excited to color, but I'm not sure she was too crazy about it once we got started. I think that cutie patootie didn't like getting her hands dirty! I wish I would have taken a picture of Layla's because it turned out really cute!





She, once again, was so cute around Connor. She is always making sure he was well taken care of. If he made any noise like he was going to cry she would immediately start looking for his paci :) She didn't understand why he wouldn't want it! ha. She also has a lovie, so she wanted him to have one too. I told her he doesn't have one yet, but she grabbed my hand and took me to his room. She said "Lovie in bed." So I picked her up to see what she was talking about and she grabbed his blanket and took it in there to lay it on him. I have got to videotape them next time because it is just so precious! I don't want to ever forget that sweet little mother in training taking care of my boy :)





Mom is going to stay a little longer to try to find a job here! WOO HOO! Let's all say a little prayer that she finds one and can move here sooner than later!

2 comments:

Lana Summitt said...

So excited for the news about your mommy! I know you would LOVE that!

Anonymous said...

That would be wonderful if your mom could be closer!! I am sure she is just a mess inside knowing that she can't just stop by to give her grandson and daughter her love!!! Keep us updated on the job hunt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...