Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!

He loves his daddy!

We have had a wonderful day celebrating Father's Day. At church this morning our preacher had everyone stand up that had been a Father for 5 years or less. He had a gift card to Home Depot for the "newest" dad. They got all the way down to Matt and our friend Will, who has a little girl that is 4 weeks younger than Connor, so Will won. The preacher joked that his original plan was to give the winner a new set of Ping golf clubs. Matt said had that been the case he would have just continued standing until Will gave in and sat down. ha. My husband loves him some golf!


He requested a rather large meal for lunch and I had SO much fun cooking it! I made Steak rolls with a sour cream sauce, glazed carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes, Peach cobbler and homeade ice cream! I had set everything out (even set the table!) the night before, so it made it much easier today. We got home at 11, fed Connor and still sat down to eat by 1, so I was pretty proud of myself. I was just glad to get to spend this day honoring Matt. He is such a wonderful husband and father and truly deserved the extra pampering!


I also want to say Happy Father's Day to my daddy and my father in law! Connor has got a lot to look forward to with his grandfathers!


1 comment:

chesley said...

whoa girl! you went all out on that meal! it sounds so good! happy 1st father's day to matt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...