Friday, May 14, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Favorite Books



I did a post not that long ago about my favorite books, but I wanted to repeat it because I want everyone to read these books! They changed my life in one way or another and I want other people to enjoy that as well :)


I have always enjoyed reading and I have always loved series. The first series I remember reading was The Baby Sitters Club!

Did anyone else read these books? If I have a girl, this series will be one of the first books I buy for her! And then there are the movies, but I never thought they were as good as the books.
*
Books that I have already started collecting for Connor are The Berenstain Bears books.


I also grew up reading these and wanted my kids to read them as well. I like that they all have a moral to the story.
*
I don't remember reading much during high school, unless it was for a book report. Those were always my favorite assignments since I actually did enjoy the reading part. The writing part.. not so much :)


The first book I remember reading in college that got me back on the reading frenzy was Redeeming Love. Oh how that book changed me and what a great time to read it! Nothing better than a good book reminding you that God's love is unconditional during the years you are growing into a young woman!


Another series by Francine Rivers that I loved was the Mark of the Lion series. It isn't something I would typically read, but I HIGHLY recommend them.
And lastly, my favorite. The Baxter Family series by Karen Kingsbury. There are three different series with about 5 books in each. There is the Redemption series, the Firstborn series and the Sunrise series.
She does such a good job of making you feel like you really know the characters. I even found myself wanting to pray for them at night! Go ahead and laugh.. I have talked to many people that did that!
*
So, what are your favorite books? Stop by Kelly's Korner and join in :)


2 comments:

Kelsey's Corner said...

Oh, Kelli...I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have felt like praying for the Baxter's!

Unknown said...

I love all the books you posted! Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors, and I can't say enough about Karen Kingsbury. I use to wake up in the mornings and wonder how the Baxter's were doing! Her writing is a blessing. Hope you have a wonderful week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...