Monday, April 19, 2010

Connor's first playdate!

Last week Rachael and Layla drove to our neck of the woods for our first playdate! It was so much fun! We met at the park and started off just laying out a blanket to sit on. Connor wasn't so sure at first, but eventually settled down and enjoyed just laying there looking around. Layla was so excited to see him...it was so cute! I have never really paid much attention to the park, but after walking around with Layla I really look forward to the days that Connor is old enough to play. It is so neat and what makes it even more special is that Matt helped design it (he was in the 4th or 5th grade then)
**
Despite what this picture shows, Connor really did have a good time. He was just beyond hungry by this point and was REAL quick in letting me know it. Layla was trying to rock him :) Such a sweet friend!

While we were there a group of moms were there doing Stroller Strides and came by and gave us a brochure. I really think I am going to do it! They have a Grand Opening this Thursday and you can join for $25 instead of $75 that day. I'm excited because I will love getting out of the house and Connor loves being outside. Hopefully I will meet some new people as well and enjoy the interaction with some other women my age. It would be nice to make some more friends in my area! So I am going to go Thursday and see what it is all about!

I go back to the doctor tomorrow for my postpartum checkup. I PRAY that she releases me to exercise. If so, Jillian Michaels and I will have a date Wednesday morning! Time for some serious eating right (which shouldn't be too hard since I can't have dairy right now, which is in EVERYTHING good in life) and exercising. I have two weddings to be in this summer, so that should be enough motivation, right?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...