Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The power of prayer

I thought these PJ's were so cute! And, I can't have a post without at least one picture ;)
**
I'm not going to lie. The past few weeks of breastfeeding have been pretty rough. He screams, he kicks, he throws his arms around and pounds on me. Not exactly the bonding experience I dreamed about for 9 months. I've tried laying down, leaning back, putting him on acid reflux medicine and cutting dairy out of my diet. I felt like it wasn't getting much better. Yes, the reflux medicine has helped with him spitting up, but it hasn't helped with the eating process. Finally today I just lost it and started bawling with him. I cried and I prayed out loud at the same time. I gave it up to Him. It was the only thing I knew to do and what I should have done from the beginning, but my stubborness is definitely a thorn in my Christian side! I immediately felt a huge release of the fear and frustration I had been feeling. After praying I turned my iPod on the playlist I had set up for his delivery. It was full of relaxing worship music and was balm to my aching soul. Next thing I knew it had been 20 minutes and Connor had been eating the whole time without even a peep. That hasn't happened in 3 weeks and it was everything I needed. Do I think that is going to happen everytime? No. I know that it is very likely I am going to encounter the problems, but it was everything I needed in that moment and for that I am so thankful.


On another, much less serious note: I looked up the info or Stroller Strides and it is $50 a month! Say what? No thank you. I will walk around the park for free and do Jillian Michaels Shred dvd. I did the beginner edition and we must have an EXTREMELY different definition of beginner!!! My knees are KILLING me. I don't know if they are just recovering from carrying all of that weight, but I am going to cut myself some slack seeing that I did just give birth to a baby 6 weeks ago!


Lastly, we need some help. We are going on a date (woo hoo!) Saturday night and can't decide which movie to go to. Does anyone have any recommendations?? Please let me know! It is VERY rare for us to go to the movies, so we want it to be good!


4 comments:

Karlye said...

The Miley Cyrus movie, The Last Song, is actually really great! Have fun on your date!!

Ashley E. said...

I'm so glad to hear that the nursing is going well! Girl, sometimes we all just break down and it seems like it just has to get better from there! P.S. I did the 30 day shred Dvd after doing p90x for a month, thinking oh, this won't be hard at all. Whoa. Was I wrong! Level 1 was harder than any of the p90x dvds. Good thing it's only 20 minutes. Have fun on your date!

chesley said...

Nursing is hard!! With my first, we had a horrible time getting it together! Finally, we did & all was good from then on. I've heard Date Night? is good, but haven't seen it. The Shred is hard! Level 2 is the worst..worse that Level 3!

Angie said...

I had a terrible time with nursing sophie for the first two months or so, then it just clicked and she did great. it's definitely worth the fight, though...hang in there!
p.s. I'm about to start the shred again, too. the first time i ever did it i could hardly make it up and down stairs for several days!! it works though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...