Sunday, March 7, 2010

Already showing me who is boss ;)

Y'all. I have had a crazy weekend! I went to the doctors office Thursday and they took one look at my swollen face and kind of started freaking out. Ha. Good to know that I am not SUPPOSED to be this swollen! After taking my blood pressure and it being 122/80 they decided to check me real quick (still at 1, just a little more loose) and then immediately put me on the monitor and take some blood to test for pre-ecclampsia. Two things would happen from this test. If it came back positive, I would have been induced Friday. If not, then Sunday night. Obviously it came back negative, but she told me Sunday night was already booked and it would have to be Monday night. Didn't realize I was checking into a hotel, but what can ya say?! ;) Friday I had very mild contractions all day and night that continued into Saturday. Saturday I felt awful and pretty much slept all day. Saturday night my mom got here (she wanted to be here early just in case something happened before I got induced). She didn't even get in the driveway before the worst pain I have ever had in my life hit me. It continued for 3 hours and let me tell you. Natural labor should be included in the Olympics! There is absolutely, positively NO WAY I would do this without an epidural. We finally got the doctor to approve of me coming to the hospital and wouldn't you know that those horrific, "I can't do this" pain went away? I will still having long contractions, but they weren't hard enough to dilate me any further and without that I was sent home. I was SOOO sad. Matt was SOOO mad! Thankfully, I was able to get a good nights rest and really feel like I am back at square one. The contractions are extremely mild and more of a tightening than anything else. Oh well. Maybe Connor decided he would just rather me be induced than have his momma writhing in pain. haha. Regardless, we will get to meet our little man Tuesday and couldn't be more excited!


2 comments:

Simmons Family said...

Oh Kelli! I am so excited for yall! I know you are so anxious,nervous,excited,and scared all at the same time! We will be thinking and praying for all three of you and the delivery! Good luck and hold on tight b/c you are about to experiece the complete miracle of birth and it is AMAZING!

Ramirez Family said...

Soo excited for you. Cant wait to see pics of the little man, Connor!! =) Hope mommy and baby are doing well. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...