Monday, February 1, 2010

Probably not the best idea...

So, being a little over 34 weeks pregnant I have to get up to go to the bathroom MULTIPLE times throughout the night. I used to not think anything about it. I would get up and walk to it in the dark, open the bathroom door, and wait until I had shut the door to turn on the light so that I don't wake sweetums up. This time was like none other. I turned on the light, sat down and out of the corner of my eye I saw something brown. My first instinct was to think how in the world did Snuggles poop in here? (Yes, I am still doing that.. I'm sure it will be a very long time before I quit!) Then that little look a like piece of poop started moving! IT WAS A MOUSE!!! I'm not sure I have ever shared my complete and utter fear of mice. I have a complete and utter fear of them.
***********************
Anyway, I immediately picked my legs up and watched it dart crazily in front of the door trying to find a way out. I knew there was no way I could get up to open the door without the possibility of this thing touching me, so I yelled for Matt at the top of my lungs. As soon as I did that the mouse gave up on trying to get out the door and ran towards me. I then screamed bloody murder. I just knew that creature was going to crawl up the toilet and get on me (no feet on the ground...remember?) Well I heard Matt jump out of bed and I really am not sure his feet touched the ground. He was at the door in less than 2 seconds after yelling for him. I think it might have been the second scream that activated his super hero skills. As soon as he opened the door I knew I was in big trouble. The look on his face was complete and utter fear for his 34 week pregnant wife. "Mouse!," I yelled. "It just went in our bedroom." "What? That is why you yelled for me?! I thought you were in labor and delivering the baby." (Let me just tell you... that second scream was so loud my throat hurt afterwards...ha!)
********************
He turned on all the lights and proceeded to look for the tiniest mouse on the planet. I didn't go to sleep for another hour and he didn't go to sleep for another 2 1/2 hours because his heart was still pounding! It probably wasn't the best idea in the world for me to scream like I did, but I DON'T DO MICE!
********************
This morning we woke up and I got a lesson on when screaming like that is acceptable. They are actual delivering of the baby in our house, burgular, and a snake. He didn't tell me what to do for a mouse... maybe a whistle? ;)

4 comments:

Simmons Family said...

oh Kelli that is sooo funny! I was sying laughing the whole time I was reading this!! I did the same thing to Austin when I was pregnant and he wasn't very happy with me either! Hope your doing great-you look so cute!

Simmons Family said...

by the way that was suppose to say "dying laughing" not sying! :)

Ramirez Family said...

This is hilarious and I would have done the same thing...and gotten the same lecture afterward from my husband. I have a similar story about a spider and my husband almost killed me when I made a big stink of it, haha.

Susan said...

Kelli that is such a funny post!! I, too, would have screamed! Hopefully, he will find his way out of your home:))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...