Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowed in!

This is what we saw all day yesterday and today. It is GORGEOUS! We were all excited to go outside and make snowmen and snow cream and we quickly realized that it wasn't fluffy snow, but icy snow :( No snowmen and no snow cream. But on a positive note it was like having Sonic's ice machine dumped in my front yard!
****************
Since we couldn't go outside and we couldn't drive we decided to look through our old college pictures. It was fun to recall what we remembered about each picture/date and to see how much we have changed. Little did we know sitting in History class freshman year that 8 years later we would be so incredibely happily married and expecting our first child!


We wanted some comfort food for supper, and I had the ingredients to a chicken pot pie recipe, so that is what we had for supper. It was SO good! No, that isn't a picture of the one I made and no, we most certainly did NOT have apples for dessert! I have to share the recipe I used because it was so easy and really so good.
****************
2 deep dish pie crusts
2 to 3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 1/2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans of mixed vegetables (VEG ALL)
Salt and pepper, to taste
*****************
Pre heat the oven to 350. Boil the chicken until cooked. In a large mixing bowl, mix the chicken, cream of chicken soup and mixed vegetables. Pour into one of the deep dish pie crusts. Place the other pie crust on top and fold the crusts together. Pierce the top pie crust with a fork. I sprayed butter on top, because you can't EVER go wrong with butter ;) Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes.
**************
So what, you ask, did we have for dessert if we didn't have those healthy sliced apples? Well, my husband wanted cookies, so he got cookies! The only problem was that I didn't have cookie dough or enough sugar to make homeade. What I did have was yellow cake mix. I mixed the box of cake mix with 1 stick of butter and 1 egg and baked like cookies. Halfway through, I sprinkled sugar on top. For icing I mixed up chopped strawberries and some whipped cream cheese icing I had. They really were so good! I felt like the Pioneer Woman in the making.. and then laughed at myself for even beginning to think that! I mean, I ALWAYS forget to take pictures of each step... (haha, yeah that is what keeps me from being the Pioneer Woman!)
****************
So even though we were both going a little stir crazy, we had a nice relaxing day and I hope everyone else did as well!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yummy! The chicken pot pie sounds delicious! Sounds like you two had a wonderful day:)))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...