Sunday, January 24, 2010

We have water retention y'all!

I never dreamed I would be excited to figure out that what I thought was weight gain in my legs is in fact water retention! (OR at least some of it.. I can be hopeful, right???) I realized this today when after barely resting my wrist on my leg my pearl bracelet left a nice deep indention! I never even dreamed that is what is what, but I am fully prepared to accept that diagnosis of myself :)
Matt took this picture of me and then was going to include my face and the camera died. Sorry mom!


Connor and I celebrated week 33 with some of my precious friends in Nashville. It was such a beautiful shower and I am so sad that blogger wouldn't cooperate with me and let me put all of my pictures up! He got some really adorable clothes, shoes, burp cloths, blankets, a puppy jacket, DIAPERS!, bath goodies and more. We were blessed, for sure!


This is the punch my sister in law made. First off, it was incredible. All I know is that the white pieces you see in the punch was actually pineapple ice cream (which look like ice, don't ya think?) and then she put bath toys in! What a great idea!



The food was SOOOOO good (Thanks Rach, Lauren and Mrs. Jannette)! There was spinach artichoke dip, key lime cream cheese ball, chicken nuggets, croissant/cream cheese/sausage pinwheels and a very yummy cake with butter cream icing!



Close up of the cake.. it was SO good and so cute!

Rach decided to use the sand bucket and diapers as a centerpiece instead of a diaper cake and I LOVED it! We are going to the beach this summer and you better believe I will be putting Connor in this bucket for pictures! It also had some really cute sand toys with it. I have decided that since Matt can easily get sand from work that we must have a sand box here too!

This was the cutest idea. They passed these out for everyone to fill out and they are something I will treasure forever! It was so much fun to get home and read what everyone wrote! I got some extras so that I can get the rest of the fam to fill one out too. I will be doing this at the next shower I host!

Sweet Layla at the shower. She was SO adorable in her little skirt.. I wish I could have uploaded the picture! She was hilarious looking at all of the clothes/blankets. She would instantly rub them on her face and say "Oh Boy". SOOOOO cute!

Group of girls that I was lucky enough to become friends with from Harding. I am SO glad I chose HU!

All of the girls there. Thank y'all for everything!!!
Connor is celebrating the week in the womb by growing full length fingernails! Way to go Connor! He is about 20 inches long and around 5 lbs. I definitely don't doubt his length... I can push on whatever is at the top of my stomach (head or bottom) and feel it on the bottom of my stomach! At my doctor's appointment last week we scheduled an ultrasound for Feb 9th to do a weight check and to see if he is still breech or not. I can't wait to see how much he weighs and, of course, if he has flipped! If he hasn't we will be scheduling my C Section possibly 2 weeks from that date! I guess I could be having a February baby instead of a March baby, which is kind of sad because I really liked the March birthstone.. haha JK JK (kind of).
Is anyone else having picture download problems? Sometimes it lets me, sometimes it doesn't. Then, when I do get them on here it won't let me click and drag! It takes FOREVER to move them without being able to drag them. Can someone please help????

2 comments:

Callie said...

We had the same punch at Ashley's shower today! Her shower was rubber ducky themed, so our punch had duckies floating in it. Very cute.

Susan said...

What a cute shower!! You have some wonderful friends:)) Sorry to hear about all the water retention...that is NO fun...I had it with my first pregnancy...by the time I delivered I thought my skin would burst!!! I haven't had any problems with the pictures yet! Hopefully it will work itself out soon!!! have a great day:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...