Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A rollercoaster of emotions

I don't even know where to start, so I am just going to say it. We had to put our sweet Snuggles to sleep Monday morning and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I have so many different emotions and have so much to say, but I will have to wait until I can type without crying! I have done everything to keep myself distracted, and so far that is the only thing that has really worked. With that said, I am going to move on to our great shower at church and week 32 update.


This week Connor may be anywhere between 17 and 19 inches in length and weigh more than 4 1/2 lbs. At this stage in fetal development, he could grow a full inch more this week alone. Weight gain can range from a third more growth to a full doubling before the big debut. He is acting more and more like a baby now. His eyes are closing during sleep and opening while awake. The great news is that the development of his own immune system is complete, which will be able to provide protection from mild infections.



Our church shower was amazing. I was overwhelmed by the love our church family showed us! We are so blessed to be in the church family we are in and look forward to raising Connor there.

The hostesses of the shower. They were so sweet to do this for us!
The adorable diaper cake. I love how the ribbon hanging down looks like icing!

This cake was OH SO YUMMY. And they sent over 1/2 of it home with me. Thankfully, I subbed the next day so I took it with me to school. Otherwise I would have birthed a 20 lb baby because I could not quit eating it!

My future sister in law, Rachel (thanks for taking pictures!) and my sister in law, April (thanks for writing the gifts down for me!)
Connor's new ride! Thanks MiMi!
All of the presents!
I have been having some minor cramps/contractions this last week and I know that these past couple of days they have been from stress. Please pray for us as we learn what it is like to not have Snugs around. It has been a very, very hard two and a half days for both of us, but I know it will slowly get better. All I can say is that I know she doesn't hurt anymore, and for that I am grateful.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

No! Why did Snuggles have to go? And girl, the profile pic is fabulous. I envy your pregnant self.

Ramirez Family said...

Im soo sorry to hear about your puppy. What happened to him? Onto happy news, you are looking fabulous pregnant...you still tiny and all with just that big bump - too cute!! And what awesome gifts you got. I cant believe how many you got from just that one Church Shower.

Candice Pair said...

I am so sorry about your precious little puppy! I know that has to be so hard for you. As for the shower, how cute was that cake?! AND YOU!! You are all belly and its so precious! I know youre getting so excited and anxious to meet him! OH and I got your comment too...the cricut is amazing! You need to get online and look it up. But its a machine used for scrapbooking, but I use it for tons of things!! Makes crafting easy!

Susan said...

Oh, I am soo sorry...it is never easy to lose a family member... I will keep you in my prayers:)

Tater Mama said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by Tater Tales, and good luck in the give-away.

I'm so sorry about your dog and know how hard it is to let a beloved pet go. We have four (yes, four!) labs, so we're obviously dog lovers. Years ago we had to put our sweet Belle down, and it was the hardest thing to do even though we knew it was the right thing.

Take care,
Tater Mama

Callie said...

So sorry about your sweet puppy, Kelli. That pic of her is adorable. Good luck with keeping busy - soon Connor will be around to help with that. :-) You look great, by the way! Ashley's church shower is tomorrow. I can't believe how close y'all are getting to having these boys!

Audra said...

Kelli, I am so so so sorry to hear about Snuggles. I know how much you loved Snuggles.

It was so great seeing you Saturday and baby Connor got some exciting new things! You are just adorable. Love you girl:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...