Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, no. I take that back.

Kids are funny. They say whatever they think and ask a million questions. It's even worse when you are their substitute and you are pregnant. One of the conversations I have had so far went a little something like this:


1st grade girl: Are you pregnant?


me: Yes, I am.


1st grade girl: Is the doctor going to cut him out of your belly?


me: Well that is one way, but he doesn't have to do it that way all the time.


1st grade girl: Well then how do they come out?


me: Oh, well I take that back. You were right.




HA! There was NO WAY I was going into that conversation! That one is reserved as a parents only convo!




I have really enjoyed subbing. I can tell I love it because I actually hate when we watch videos. Probably because I don't make lesson plans or grade papers and don't have anything to do. I love to actually teach the kids and watch as they learn something new. It is so rewarding to feel as if I am actually making a difference. In fact, I have already recieved my first gift. I actually got it on my 3rd day subbing, but I just haven't found the time to share it with y'all. Matt asked me if I was sure she didn't steal it off of the teachers desk to give to me. Haha.. probably so!






I really felt bad taking it, but she was insistent on me taking it home with me. She was in 3rd grade, so I thought she was old enough to make her own decisions about who she gives a wooden apple to and eventually gave in.

I only have a few more weeks left of subbing and I know I am going to miss it! I'm glad I decided to do this, because I now know that I really want to work with kids and I really need a job that makes me feel like I am making a difference. Good thing now that I am 25 going on 26 with a child on the way. HA! Better late than never I suppose!

2 comments:

Candice Pair said...

haha i love the convo bt you and your student! i would've taken it back too!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

I sub on Friday's when I don't have classes and I love it! I know that I will have plenty of years to write my own lesson plans and grade so it is nice to just go in there now and just teach!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...