Friday, January 15, 2010

Heavy heart

As I watch the news coverage of the earthquake in Haiti, I am so saddened by the enormous loss. Yesterday they were talking about trying to get a woman out of the rubble that had been buried for two days. TWO DAYS! At that moment I realized how silly it is for me to complain about the 4 stitches in my leg or the fact that my growing belly is starting to put a little strain on my back. In reality those are blessings. Then they show the sweet children that don't have their parents around because they can't find them. I want to bring them all home. I want to be there. I want to help.
**********************
Although I obviously can't go to Haiti, the one thing I can do is donate money. There are so many ways to donate, but one of the easiest ways is to text the word "Haiti" to 90999 and $10 will be given to the Red Cross and charged on your next cell phone bill. Another way is to go to the Compassion website and donate through them. That way you could do an amount other than $10. It doesn't matter how much you donate, every little bit helps!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I know what you mean...I feel deep sadness about the whole situation there...it's a helpless feeling too...those poor children.

Anonymous said...

Compassion is where Heather's boyfriend Raams works!! Great organization that continues to allow others to give. Actually, he said that 2 men from their office were in Haiti on business and lost . During my time visiting they announced that one of them was found after being trapped for more than 2 days! But unfortunately they have yet to find the other!!

Many prayers go out to those missing, injured, grieving, helping and supporting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...