Friday, December 18, 2009

HO HO Is coming!!!

This weekend we are celebrating Christmas with my parents and brother. I am SO excited that they are coming here. It isn't very often that I get to host people, so I am loving getting ready for them to be here. This year I decided we would have a fairly large breakfast since we are going to go to Matt's mom's house at 4 pm to eat supper. The great thing about everything I am cooking is that it can all be prepared the day before! That way we can wake up, put everything in the oven and by the time we are done opening presents everything will be ready!
*****************************
Here is what I have on the menu for tomorrow:
Sausage Balls (already rolled into balls ready to put in the oven!)
Homeade biscuits (already mixed together ready to put in oven!)
Breakfast Casserole (recipe calls for it to sit in fridge overnight)
Praline French Toast Breakfast (recipe calls for it to sit overnight also!)
I got all of these recipes (except for sausage balls) out of this FABULOUS cookbook Lana got me last year:
This is a great Christmas gift! I have LOVED having it this year.
********************************
Pumpkin Cake Roll (completely done, but better the next day anyway! I am taking this to Matt's mom's house)
*********************************
To munch on throughout the weekend:
Red Velvet Cake Balls (good anytime, so got those out of the way)
Peppermint Bark (good anytime, so I got those out of the way too)
*********************************
I am such a dork that I have a timetable of when to put what in the oven. HA! If I had a printer I would have an excel spreadsheet printed out, but I had to stick to the old fashioned way of writing it out and sticking it to the oven :) Lastly, if you don't have one of these dandy little mixers and you love to bake then you need one of these! I HIGHLY recommend getting one. It saves me so much time!
I'm off to finish getting ready for the fam to be here. I hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

Candice said...

All of this food sounds AMAZING!!!! My mouth is watering :) Have a great weekend and have a great time hosting!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...