Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wow, I am getting OLD ;)

What an AWESOME birthday I had! If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE birthdays. I am better than I used to be though.. May used to be my birthday MONTH, but now that I share it with Kyle (if I had to share it with anyone, it would be him :) ), I have gone down to a birthday WEEK. I will soak it up while I can, because once I have kids...well, let's just say it is going to be SOOO much fun! One thing about getting older is that you don't "feel" like it is your birthday as much, but I would like to say my wonderful husband did a fantabulous job of making me feel extremely special, as well as all of my friends and family that celebrated with me throughout the week.
The weekend before, which was also Memorial Day, we stayed at Matt's mom's house for the weekend.Kyle and I had a mandarin orange cake waiting for us once we got there. I had never had this cake until I started dating Matt, and it quickly became one of my favorites. Saturday we went to Nana and Papa's house (Matt's grandparents) and had a huge, wonderful dinner. It was seriously like Thanksgiving all over again. As usual, everything tasted delicious. Nana made a red velvet cake just for me, as it is one of my favorite cakes. The original plan on Sunday was for Matt and Kyle to go to a golf course in Alabama with Pam and Chip to play golf. The weather changed that plan...but it didn't change mine! Pam had arranged for me to get a 1 1/2 hr massage, pedicure and manicure!!!! I was so relaxed after I got done, that I was close to mush! We had a great time with them and can't wait to do it again!
Tuesday night we went to Matt's dad's house for my birthday dinner. I got to choose the menu, and I took full advantage :). I told them I didn't care about the meat, all I cared about were the sides! I chose hashbrown casserole, corn casserole and fried okra. For dessert I requested banana pudding. It was all fabulous and I probably gained 5 lbs after that meal!
I woke up Wednesday to the smell of bacon and coffee. Now THAT is something I could get used to! I walked in the kitchen to see this:
If that isn't the sweetest thing you've ever seen, I don't know what is! I love my man! When he started to come serve me my breakfast, he told me to close my eyes. In my head I was thinking, I have seen bacon before.. why do I need to close my eyes? He had me do that because he served them on our new plastic outdoor plates!




The whole set


I love them!



All of my wonderful gifts from my sweet husband. Thank you hunny! :)
My mom has always made a huge deal about my birthday (which is probably why I have always thought of May as my birthday month..haha) and made sure I had a package from her and Lance on my birthday. I am a big pj person, so they both got me some pretty darn cute pj's. My dad came to visit me for my birthday this past weekend (more pictures of that to come later) and to bring me my birthday present from him and my mom. He had made it a point to say he wanted to deliver it to me instead of mailing it, which of course had me curious! It turns out they got me an iPod touch! I was so shocked!
Thanks again to everyone who made my birthday so special. God has blessed me with wonderful family and friends!
As I go into the 25th year of my life, these are the verses I am going to work to live by:
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in Spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:1-4



2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for your awesome birthday week! My future husband better get lessons from your hubby because I want that kind of pampering for sure :)

Rachael said...

Yay! What a fun birthday! You reminded me of our Kojie days with that verse! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...