Friday, June 12, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Summertime

I love summer in Tennessee. Bright Blue Skies. Bright Green Trees (and lots of them). The wind in your hair. A book in my hand ;). Nothing like it! Unlike Arkansas, summer DOESN'T equal humidity. Pretty much if it is sunny outside, if it is a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday you will find me (and usually little Snugs) outside catching some rays. As long as I can remember I have worked everyday throughout the summer, so I am THOROUGHLY enjoying those days that I am not working.





Every other Sunday we have Life Groups at church. Instead of meeting at the building, we meet with small groups at someone's house. This particular Sunday, after eating at Will and Amber's house, we decided to go see UP! in 3D.


Matt had never seen anything in 3D and was amazed. I was amazed at how different the glasses are now! haha

Ben Dudley and Channing Vail giving it two thumbs up!

Will and Amber Gailbreath in their awesomeness :)








The weekend after my birthday my dad came to visit, and we had a great time. It was a weekend of "firsts" for dad. He played his first game of cornhole and loved it! He was quite a natural, if I might add. Must be where I get it from ;). Saturday night we went the the Nashville Sounds game and dad got his first ever Roasted Corn on the Cob. Those of you who have had roasted corn (or those of you who have over-indulged... BILLY!) you know the wonderfulness of roasted corn. Right before they hand you the corn, they dip it in a huge bucket of melted butter. Paula Deen would DEFINITELY approve!!! The weather couldn't have been better that weekend and I was so glad to have my dad here. Nothing like having two of my favorite men in the world with me :)
Despite that beautiful smile, he was not thrilled with taking this "touristy" picture! haha


My daddy!




In mid-May we had a shower to attend for Matt's roommate from college, Jimmy Sisk and his fiance Kelsey Vick. We were thrilled to be able to have Tyler Watts (another college friend) and his fiance, Katie, stay with us that weekend. It was so nice to catch up, and look forward to getting to hang out with them again.
Cali Watts, Kelsey Vick (Jimmy's bride), Katie Sellars (Tyler's soon to be bride), and Lori Holbert at Jimmy and Kelsey's tool shower in Nashville.




Before the shower we took Katie to see Opryland Hotel, since she had never been. I haven't been in the springtime in at least 12 years, so it was nice to get to see it again.










If you haven't taken a gander at Beth Moore's blog (The LPM Blog on the right side of my page), please go! Be a Siesta with me! On the right side of her blog there is a box called Scripture Siestas, and although they started it on January 1st, I jumped in on May 1st. This is one of the Scripture's I memorized and one I try to remind myself of daily.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...