Sunday, April 19, 2009

Me gusto Springtime!

SPRING IS HERE! Spring and Fall are my two favorite seasons mainly because of all of the changes that take place in nature. I am amazed at all of the beautiful things God has put here on earth for us to enjoy, and am so thankful he gave us emotions to enjoy them! I have gone a bit crazy taking pictures this year. I know my neighbors think I am somewhat obsessed with my tulips :). I can't help but praise God when I look at things as they blossom and grow.. I think I may have inherited that from my daddy! I used to make so much fun of him for getting SO excited about the smallest things he would see in nature, and now I am doing the same thing! We have also had a bird make a nest and lay her eggs RIGHT by our back door in this wooden lattice that has a rose bush on it. I have been tracking the baby birds growth every day, but am saving it for a blog all by itself. I'm not sure the mama bird likes me very much, so I sometimes protect myself with an umbrella to take pictures of them. Everytime I stand up in the chair by it she swoops into the big tree by our driveway and starts hawking at me. Thankfully only one neighbor can see me doing this, otherwise they might start worrying about my sanity! I know Matt has been questioning it.. haha

My tulip garden


LOVE IT!



In the front of the garden you can see a cross.. when Ian (my 4 1/2 year old cousin) was here last weekend he asked where Jesus was. He then took one of the flat rocks surrounding the garden and put it on top. He said he wanted everyone to know that Jesus died on the cross. It was such a sweet and precious moment.



Our dogwood tree before it bloomed



I would be completely happy with a full yard of these trees.


My silly father-in-law




This picture doesn't do this caterpillar justice. He had bright blue spots all the way down his back.

This will probably be my new obsession. I am amazed that this is what morphs them into butterflys!








These are just some fun pictures with my camera









This picture was so depressing that I had to put it on here. Aren't you glad we can see things in color?!




Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1: 11-12






4 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Kelli, I've enjoyed reading some of your blog. You are such a gifted writer & photographer. I'm thankful our paths have crossed, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Tulips and dogwoods are my favorites, too!

Brandon said...

I like your tulip garden. We're working on getting our vegetable garden ready to plan if it would ever stop raining long enough.
I am enjoying reading your blog.

Later!
Brandon

Anonymous said...

I love your flower garden and can't wait to see your rose bush and veggie/fruit garden!! :) I want to see pictures as things start to pop up!!

Rachael said...

I am amazed at the tulips!! I have always loved them too!! Please bring your green thumb to my house!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...