Friday, December 20, 2013

Deck the halls

I love everything about Christmas. The lights, the extra time with family, all of the red and green. It's about the only time of year that I am ok with the dreary days. Makes those Christmas lights shine even brighter. What's even better than all of that is that Matt loves decorating just as much as I do. I love our tradition of decorating at night. It just wouldn't be the same if we did it during the day. After our quick trip to see Santa, we came home and got everything ready. Which means that, yes, we were one of the families that decorated before Thanksgiving! :)

Before we got started with everything, Connor and I decorated a gingerbread man that Aunt Kim got him. So much easier than a gingerbread house!!! He had a great time, although he made sure to tell me he was a boy at least 5 times.


After turning on the Christmas music, the boys figured they'd have a dance party before we got started. 



That is their version of dancing. Pulling each other down. They are crazy. And I love it!

But, how could you not love these smiles?!?!


It's a shame Cade isn't a big fan of his brother ;)


Melt my heart. They really are pretty sweet together!

Laughing at their daddy!

Connor put on the santa hat once we started decorating. Little brother, making sure he wasn't shown up, put on daddy's hat...and wore it the entire time.

Cade stood there for a good 5 minutes trying to get that ball to stay on. All I can say is thank goodness for shatterproof balls!!!


Connor did such a good job this year getting the balls on the limbs. They were about 6 inches apart from each other opposed to the 3 inches last year. That is progression, people!!

Cade was so serious about getting that ball to stay. 

And once it did, he was so proud!!!

Which meant Connor needed to point out the ones he hung, too. :)

Cade being my little helper. 

I just love this time of year and all of the traditions it holds and decorating the house together is my favorite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are ao cute. :-) We decorated before Thanksgivkng this year too. We were excited!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...