Monday, December 3, 2012

Hey, That's Pintastic: DIY Christmas Decor

One of my favorite Pinterest boards to look at and try to recreate is my Christmas board. Almost every single pin I have is to be used for inspiration (or to just straight re create..who am I kidding) and I have finally started doing some of them! 

I have had the same Christmas decorations since 2005, so I'd say it's about time for some new ones don't ya think?! As much as I would love to just be able to go out and buy some new decor, it just isn't at the top of the priority list. So, until then, we will make our own! Plus, I wouldn't get to have a cute little helper if I bought them. 
DSC_0571

He had so much fun helping me and even told me "I love you, Mommy" in the middle of it. Goodness, he makes me melt! 
DSC_0573
HELP! We have entered the stage of extreme fake smiling!


Final product: 

DSC_0582

The only things I had to get for the project were the letters and the paint for them. I already had the wreaths and the old berries. I'm not totally set on the berries, but it's all I had on hand. (what are the odds that I actually change them? Not very good, I'd say!) It's hard to tell, but I also took some sandpaper to the sides of the letters to give it little more vintage look. Connor was pretty excited when I was putting them up telling Matt that he had helped me. If anything, that is reason alone to keep it up there! 


Linking up with AP @ I Love You More Than Carrots for 




4 comments:

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Such a great project for the kiddos to help with! I think it looks great!

Katiern827 said...

Totally love it and even better that little man was able to help out!!

Anonymous said...

love them! I've contemplated sanding the edges of my daughter's hair clip holder.

Love the cheesy smile- so sweet!!

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

This is seriously adorable! I love it

I would love it if you'd link up to The Pinspiration Project!

http://www.luluandsweetpea.com/2012/12/the-pinspiration-project-17.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...