Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Catch up!

Last night was an interesting one. As I stated yesterday, Connor had a fever all day. He was so puny and pitiful, I just knew he would sleep so well last night. Boy, was I wrong. He woke up around 3 and somehow thought it was morning time. He had to go to the bathroom, which I think woke him up even more. He kept saying, "I took a good nap, Mommy. The sun is up." I wasn't sure how to explain to a 2 year old that it was the middle of the night and I wasn't awake enough to try. He might have slept for 30 minutes before Matt's alarm went off at 5:45 and he woke up again. This time, Matt just brought him into bed with me. He fell asleep pretty instantly, only waking up to go to the bathroom when Matt came in to finish getting ready for work. He even slept while I got up to feed Cade. Thankfully, his fever has dropped dramatically (at it's highest yesterday, it was 103.9 and wouldn't drop below 102, even with ibuprofen). I honestly think he was too hot in his room. He is still in a crib and he refuses to let any of the animals lay on the floor instead of his bed with him. One more reason I am so ready to get him a full sized bed!

Anyway, while Connor slept some more, Cade and I had some breakfast together. Seriously, this sweet boy slays me. He just smiles all.the.time! 

DSC_0649

I am so behind on so many things due to me being sick last week. It was one of those sinus funks that leaves your head feeling like it has been under attack and leaves you with no energy whatsoever. Which, is not good when you have a crazy busy 2 1/2 year old and 7 1/2 month old! Which means I have a myriad of topics today, in no particular order. 

my little elf:
Someone in our family is determined to unwrap the presents. It is not Connor, although he asks to daily. It is my littlest elf :)
DSC_0624

If you even goes as far to get out of his sight, he is headed towards the tree. He has almost unwrapped one completely (which was, coincidentally, his!) and has eaten, yes EATEN, the tag off of one. After which he threw up the tape. Awesome mom right here!!! I try the whole, "No, No Cade" in a stern voice. He just ducks his head, lifts those beautiful eyes up at me and smiles. This boy is going to be trouble. 

cooking fun with Gammie:
Last Friday we spent the night with Gammie so that Matt and I could go on a date. First off, let me say how awesome it was to have my husband all to myself. Goodness, I love that man. During the day, Connor and Gammie made some snowmen rice crispy treats. Of course, we could not get him to eat even one bite. He is not my child in that aspect! 
rice crispies with gammie

I cannot even begin to describe how lucky our boys are to have such a tremendous amount of love from their grandparents. 


Christmas bucket list fun:
I have been wracking my brain to come up with a list of fun things for us to do for the holiday. I know I have a limited amount of time to do things like this, so I want to soak it up while I can. One of the things I wanted to do was make a gingerbread house. Although, we used graham crackers. I didn't go out and buy a kit, which is probably why ours kept falling apart. He still had fun and that was all that mattered! 
gingerbread house
Sigh. He has gotten SO big recently. He is losing his baby chub in his face and it is killing me! With that, he has also started loving on me even more recently, which makes it a little easier to take. 

We start our Christmas tour this weekend and Connor is beyond pumped. I told him Sunday night that he had to take a bunch of naps before it was time to get the party started. He woke up Monday morning and told me that he had, in fact, taken a bunch of naps last night. Oops. Time to figure out another way of explaining the wait! 

1 comment:

April said...

Jonah had that same kind of fever with his virus. Thankfully it was gone withing 3 days. But just this week has his sleep gotten back on track. Could be molars too though. Hate that you all have been sick!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...