Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dreams

I wasn't one of those girls that dreamed of having kids and becoming a mommy. From what I'm told, I didn't have to. I became one at 4 when my little brother was born. I kid, I kid. Well, kind of. 

One thing I remember so vividly about growing up was making tents. We had a pretty small family room where we watched TV, which meant that we could drape sheets across all the furniture in that room and have a pretty big tent. That was one of the things I couldn't wait to do when we found out we were pregnant with Connor. We had made a small tent for him before, but never one that included a TV. 

The first thing I realized while making it is.. we need some more sheets! Thankfully, he didn't notice and was thrilled! 



I told him we could watch a movie and eat breakfast in there, but I needed to go change Cade's diaper first. He said, "Mommy, wait one more second to change Cade's diaper. Let me show you what movie first." The "one more second" and "first" part is his new thing right now. It cracks me up. And, yes, he is kind of bossy.


Today was the perfect day to do this. It has been pretty dreary here this week, which never helps with my mood. We have also been suffering from PSTD from the end of daylight savings time. Seriously, who knew that one little hour could mess someone up so badly?! Connor has adjusted. Cade, on the other hand, has not. I'm talking screaming during his naps, waking up before 6 am. He is napping right now, so *fingers crossed* we will continue to have a good day! (update: Yeah, not happening. He's been in there for less than an hr and is already up and screaming. It's all about that ebb and flow, huh?!)


After eating breakfast, in which Connor refused a Toaster Strudel saying it was "yucky" (seriously, he amazes me refusing all the good stuff like that), we continued to watch Lion King and enjoy our tent. Of course, my favorite part was seeing this sweet smile on his face, but a close second was how tight the space was in there. Because you know what that means? It means I had Cade on my chest with Connor's little body curled into mine and his head on my shoulder.  


There are some things in life that are just too good to be able to dream them. They are things that, until experiencing, our little human brains are not fully able to comprehend. It's just taking the time to slow down so you can experience them. 


It's usually in those small moments, even ones inside of a tent made out of sheets and blankets, that they happen. And for that, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Katiern827 said...

This tent looks totally awesome and that sweet boy sitting inside of it...ahhh! I think I will have to put daddy on tent making duty very soon:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...