Monday, October 29, 2012

Rowen is ONE!!!

Last weekend we celebrated my nephew, Rowen's first birthday! It was the perfect day for it. We got there at 10:30 and I thought we were 30 minutes late. Come to find out, we were an hour early! HA! That is probably the first and last time I have ever been anywhere that early. Connor was so excited to be there. He knew all about what the word 'party' meant! 

Rachel had everything set up so cute. Here is the area where Rowen opened his presents. I loved the hay bales as seating! 



His banner of monthly pictures. Connor didn't start recognizing him until his 3 month picture and didn't seem to believe me that the 1st two pictures were Rowen, too. Stubborn, much?!

The food table was so cute. Every single detail was thought of, down to the polka dots on the forks! I took this picture before she got all of the food down. She had these adorable little individual sacks full of chips. Great idea!


His little hat was so cute! 


Rachel made everything herself and the pumpkin cupcakes were amazing! Becky also made some little individual pies that were dispersed throughout the table, but I obviously took a picture before that happened, too.



The activity was painting pumpkins. Connor couldn't wait to do this!


I loved all the pumpkins everywhere. That is one of my favorite things about fall. I love to eat anything pumpkin and I love to see them around my house :)

As soon as Rowen got there (we even got there before the birthday boy!), I wanted to get a picture of the cousins since they all matched. This was the best I got.. ha! All I can say is at least Connor stayed still!



While everyone else ate lunch, I went inside to feed Cade. When we got back it was cake time! This is always my favorite part for a baby that hasn't had any sugar before! Connor wasn't sure about his cake at his 1st birthday, and Rowen wasn't either! (and trust me, it's not because it wasn't good!!!) The funniest thing was he kept looking at Brent with this concerned look on his face just babbling away. Precious! 



After the cake, we painted some pumpkins while Rowen ate his lunch. Connor was cracking me up with what he was painting on his pumpkin. It went from giraffe's to Buzz Lightyear to Woody. It all depended on what colors he was using. Matt painted one for Cade :)


Present time! My favorite is the bottom right. He got a cat that you can chase around and it moves. You can tell by the look on his face how much he loves animals! 
We had such a good time. Rachel did a great job and I was so glad we were able to be there to celebrate sweet Rowen! I love that our boys are so close in age. Him and Connor are only 1 1/2 years apart and him and Cade are only 6 months apart and their interaction increases each time we see them. Happy Birthday, Rowen. We love you!!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...