Monday, October 1, 2012

Project Pinterest: Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

Linking up with AP @ I Love You More Than Carrots again today for 


While I was pregnant with Cade I had a very, VERY unfortunate aversion come about. It was to something that, if you know me, you know I become a bit obsessed with come September. It was pumpkin. Last fall was just not the same without my Pumpkin Spiced Latte's! I have yet to have one this year ( I know. I don't know who I am either.), but I figured I would kick it off with a pinterest find that I pinned sometime last year. It was Recipe Girl's Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. I figured I like Snickerdoodles and I used to like Pumpkin, so why not give them a try? 


As Pioneer Woman says, here is the cast of characters:
The recipe calls for allspice, which I did not have. Therefore, I made my own by mixing nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. Thank you, Google :). 




First, mix the butter until fluffy. 




Add the sugars and pumpkin and beat well. Mix in egg and vanilla.



Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat the flour mixture into the pumpkin/butter mixture slowly until incorporated. You see that red bowl I am using? It is a bowl that my brother in law, Kyle, got me for Christmas one year. I love them! As you can see, you can bend it to pour. Perfect for pancakes, too! 



After you are done mixing, cover the dough and put in in the fridge for an hour. Which is the perfect amount of time to watch an episode of Friday Night Lights, if you ask me ;). After chilled, roll them into balls and roll them through the rolling sugar mixture. Her recipe says to press them with a flat bottomed glass, but I didn't do that because I wanted them to be gooey. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or so. Once I took them out, I let them sit on the pan for a few more minutes to cook a little bit more. Since I didn't flatten them out they were pretty gooey, but nothing a little time on a hot pan couldn't cure. 


I think they turned out really good! They are so gooey and thick that Connor actually called them cake, which is how I like my cookie! 

Next week I am not going to be doing any baking. I am not going to be doing any baking. I am not going to be doing any baking.... ;) Maybe if I say it enough I'll convince myself to do something different. Preferably something that doesn't cause me to gain any weight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... I'm tossing a few ideas for next week back and forth... I was considering doing some baking.hmmm

Love that cute mug :)

Ashley Paige said...

These look DIVINE!! Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...