Friday, August 31, 2012

Wilson County Fair 2012

Every year at the beginning of Summer, I start getting excited about our fair. It is so clean and the food is ah-mazing. I was even more excited this year because I knew Connor would get it even more and love all the bright lights. We went twice.. once with Matt's parents and then again when my dad and Eva came to visit! 

Do you know just how hard it is to get all 4 people looking at one camera? This is a classic example. And an example of the kids watching one grandparent that was not standing by the camera! ha!

I knew Connor would be tall enough to ride some rides this year, but he wouldn't ride anything that I couldn't go on with him. So, the slides it was! I'm not going to lie.. they were pretty fast! As you can see, there were no smiles during, but afterwards he jumped up and gave me a huge hug saying, "I did it, Mommy! I did it!" 

AARGH! It's Pirate Connor and Pirate Cade :)
We didn't get home until 9ish, and Connor wanted to rock with us. They both ended up falling asleep and oh, man. I love rocking both of my boys. The flash woke Connor up, but he was holding my hands :)

This is the 3rd year in a row that Dad has been here for the fair, so it looks like it is going to be our new tradition! We met them there as soon as they got into town because we knew would be there for a while.  The fair was Cade's first time riding in the stroller seat and he LOVED it. Brother does not, on the other hand, love his carseat. 
This time he rode the slides with Daddy. 







I love hearing that "MOMMY, MOMMY!" out of that sweet mouth! Besides Mrs. Kegley, that is my favorite title :)

We walked through the animals again this year. Connor was pretty timid around them. I'm curious to see if he stays as timid as he is now. I can't say I particularly like to be around all of those animals, but I try not to act like it in front of him. He is the type of person that doesn't want to try new things, but as soon as he does he is ok. It's just being brave enough to make him try!

Cade got pretty sleepy after eating (which was HORRIBLE, by the way. If I have to use the cover, you can pretty much bet on him not eating) and I thought this little solemn look was so sweet. 

After eating supper, we headed out to find some dessert. Most of the really good dessert was where all of the big kid/adult rides were and Connor was mesmerized! Bright lights and loud music. Made me very glad that I have a few years before I have to worry about any of that! 
I tried to get him to ride the family ferris wheel (not this one.. a much smaller one. This one was just prettier), but he wouldn't agree to it. I know he would have been fine once we got on, but I just didn't have the energy to take him on screaming! (see aforementioned bravery!)
We had a great time at the fair again this year. Although all Connor conquered was the slides, I was glad it was something that we could do with him. I'll hold on to his dependence on us as long as I can!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...